Working for somebody with less education/experience than you

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
How many people are in that situation?

I'm an MPH and my supervisor is an MPH as well. But she's a younger white women (I'm 3 yrs older) and hasn't been in the field as long as me (10 compared to 6). And then to top it off, she makes $30k more than me.

She constantly defers to me on most public health issues. It's really hard to not be insubordinate when you know more than your boss and find yourself disagreeing with most of their decisions.

How do you deal with that? I would leave but I actually enjoy my job and she's cool to work for. I just feel that I'm being stagnated because I'm working for somebody I can't learn from.

But if I get an offer somewhere else for a pay increase ($20k or better), I'm ghost!!!

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
You can do something to undermine her, if she asks you for a solution to a problem you give her the wrong answer or you don't fix it the right way, if she is one of those types that likes to take credit for the work you do, that will put an end to that, so when she gets chewed out, she will blame you, but when her superiors come to you about it, you will have the right and correct solution.

Basically you are showing you value while at the same time sabotaging hers.

But how is she making 30k more than you? Are there details you're leaving out other than she's your supervisor?

Blade

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She's married and that's dangerous to screw your boss. No good can come from it in the long run.

I don't think you can do much in your current situation other than that. If you can get another better paying elsewhere, you might as well do that.

Erdos

Rookie
Daps
You can do something to undermine her, if she asks you for a solution to a problem you give her the wrong answer or you don't fix it the right way, if she is one of those types that likes to take credit for the work you do, that will put an end to that, so when she gets chewed out, she will blame you, but when her superiors come to you about it, you will have the right and correct solution.

:beli:

This is an awful idea. However it is a great way to get fired.:aicmon: