Words of Wisdom to the youth....

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Promotions are no longer given to you just because you work hard and do a good job. This practice and mindset might have worked a very long time ago, but it no longer applies in the current work world.

I'll drop more later...

Ray D’Angelo Harris

Silky smooth
Daps
Reppin
#dogset
I literally had a job where I became crew leader(which lead to Supervisor later on), simply because I worked harder than everybody else. My willingness to WORK HARD was the sole reason I was promoted.

I will say this, though… “working hard” isn’t necessarily the best nor smartest formula for BUILDING WEALTH. But that’s an entirely different thread.

:usure:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I literally had a job where I became crew leader(which lead to Supervisor later on), simply because I worked harder than everybody else. My willingness to WORK HARD was the sole reason I was promoted.

I will say this, though… “working hard” isn’t necessarily the best nor smartest formula for BUILDING WEALTH. But that’s an entirely different thread.

If you don't mind speaking on it, I would like to know what industry you and the OP are in.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Promotions are no longer given to you just because you work hard and do a good job. This practice and mindset might have worked a very long time ago, but it no longer applies in the current work world.

I'll drop more later...

I’d argue that relationships mean more

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
The promotions that are "given" are more fantasy land like in the movies. It happens but it's not good to count on it. The best promotions are when you are proactive on the job you want either by being an internal applicant for an open position, or moving to a new company entirely to be promoted