"Wonka" Timothée Chalamet To Play Willy Wonka In New Origin Tale

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Chalamet is gonna kill it. Big years ahead for him.

Paddington director? fukkin’ in.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
b5vtucwptei81.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So apparently I am the only one who doesn't get the big deal about Timothee Chalamet.

People keep promoting him like he's this great actor.
In reality people should be talking about Paul Dano and Robert Pattinson. I get that they are much older than him but they're just far better actors.

I guess if people want to hype up "Under 30 year old" actors then fine. But I'm not impressed.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
So apparently I am the only one who doesn't get the big deal about Timothee Chalamet.

People keep promoting him like he's this great actor.
In reality people should be talking about Paul Dano and Robert Pattinson. I get that they are much older than him but they're just far better actors.

I guess if people want to hype up "Under 30 year old" actors then fine. But I'm not impressed.

he has the “look” i guess but he didnt impress me in Dune, he just existed lol.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he has the “look” i guess but he didnt impress me in Dune, he just existed lol.
It's not that he's a bad actor.

It's just that I don't see the ...how can I say this?
I see him. I don't see the character. You know what I mean?

There are tiers of actors, I guess. There are people who can just read the lines. Typically your tv actors. Sit-coms, that short of thing.
Then you have actors who can act well enough to not ruin a movie. I dunno. I'm thinking your typical action stars. Chris Evans. People like that.
Then you have character actors who are great but somehow don't entirely stand out. I mean they do, but they don't tend to be leads. Right? Guys you seem to see in lots of movies but you can't ever remember their names. Bill Camp, Walter Goggins, Zeljko Ivanek.
There's probably a tier above that where you have Paul Giamatti, Ciaran Hinds, Jeffrey Wright or Mads Mikkelsen or John Turturro (depending on the movie). Guys who can give amazing performances but somehow aren't superstars.
Then you have your Robert De Niros, Denzel Washingtons, Daniel Day-Lewises...the top of the top.

I see Chamalet as...basically in that Chris Evans tier. Not bad, but it's not like "Dude, this guy was amazing in ____"

:yeshrug:

Last edited: