Women of Xal (Visual Novel created by a Black Game Developer)

Daps
0zt7y%2F.png

Demo: Redirecting

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: D23
Daps
:dame:

WoX Post Kickstarter FAQ
tumblr_inline_om8vrgGrsB1rws8sq_500.png

So the “Women of Xal” Kickstarter has come to an end. We’ve been funded with $13,446 out of the $10,000 goal. Thank you all, for making this possible. This is the biggest step my team has ever taken, and we’re proud to be able to take it together with such loving fans. Here’s our post-KS FAQ, that will hopefully answer some questions while we get to work. (Below the line!) For everyone else: You’ll want to subscribe to our Youtube channel, where we’ll be uploading HD videos of WoX and other productions we’re working on. (LINK)

“Wait, what’s ‘Women of Xal’? And is there a demo I can play of it?
An aggressive political visual novel featuring diversity in race and sexuality; coming to Steam, PC, and Mac late 2018. You can learn more and play the demo on its official Kickstarter page. (here)

What is “Demo 2.0″ and when is it?!
It’s the final update to Demo 1.3, and the last time we use Tyranobuilder as a visual novel engine. (It’s way too buggy to use for an actual game.) We officially started using Ren’Py yesterday with experienced programmers. Here’s what you can expect:

• Final bugs ironed out.
  • Subtitles for voices!
  • New options on how to handle Clanice during dinner.
  • New conversations
  • New music tracks
  • Some other surprises here and there
How do we know you won’t disappear with the money?
Because it is far too easy to track me down. My storytelling is my life. My reputation keeps me financially afloat. Running off with the money or mismanaging funds is an excellent way to ruin my literal life’s work and chances at commissioning music again. Basically, if the project sinks, I sink. Fortunately, I fully intend to continue the transparency game. You will all remain in the loop to progress, setbacks, and when to expect big updates!

How do we know your staff won’t bail on you?
Because we’ve established trust throughout the years. =) …And many of them will need my heavily discounted music services later that comes from completing this project. We’re running a pretty tight ship. The programmers and character artist in particular are dead set on completing this project until the end.

What changes will be in the full game?
Oh, just some minor “No longer a $0 budget” demo things:

• Narrative Tone Gets Notably More Somber (Humor will still be present!)
  • Pacing Slows Down To My Usual Speeds
  • All New, More Memorable score
  • Updated Character Art
  • Updated Backgrounds
  • Updated UI (Xjena being part of it!)
  • Other to be Announced Features
How many updates can we expect?
“Major” ones? Like art or program progress? Once or twice a month. Four if we’re just on a roll. Small updates will happen a few times a week, just to assure you all that I am alive and working hard on bringing this game to you all.

I’m one of the people who wanted to donate to you. How can I do so?
I have this Patreon that gives patrons access to my original music that can be used commercially as long as you’re a patron. (And discounts to people who want to commission me for music later down the line.) Doing this will both free up funds to speed up projects, but also free up personal time to pen WoX’s story. This is for everyone with the extra income who weren’t 100% happy that I did not pay myself a sustaining wage for the “Women of Xal” production! (Because it looks like the project wouldn’t have made it if I had done so.) (Patreon Link Here)

I have more questions!
Feel free to shoot me and/or the team an ask! (Here)

Stay tuned, everyone. We have good stuff coming your way soon enough~!

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
If I could draw I'd make the greatest A black hero epic of all time :sadbron: