Women Of The Coli: Would Inability To Get Pregnant/Infertility Affect Your Perception of Womanhood?

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I was watching "When the Bough Breaks" starring Morris Chestnut and Regina Hall just yesterday. If you haven't seen it, it's basically about a wealthy Black couple who struggle to get pregnant after years and years of attempts...So they hire a young Black waitress as their surrogate but, she turns out to be some crazy chick and fukkery ensues.

Anyways...... I'm just curious....:jbhmm:If you were told that you were infertile/unable to get pregnant, how would that change the way you view your womanhood? Even if you absolutely want no children at all, how would this news affect you? Would it be a major blow for you?

Hypothetically speaking here........Personally, from a male perspective, It'll be a major shot to my manhood if I were told I was infertile. :francis:

What about you, ladies? If this topic is too pressing or personal for you, don't force yourself to engage it.

Last edited:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
When I wasn't sure I ever wanted a child the thought of my womanhood being a question never crossed my mind. But I don't know I mean maybe never having the option would make me feel a way for a second but I'd get over it.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Having children is only a part of being a woman; if we were to find out I was infertile, we might consider adoption, but we're leaning towards not having kids anyway.

My biological clock isn't ticking, so I don't think it would affect my perception of womanhood/what it means to be a woman.

Daps
there is more to being a woman than just having babies. while i can't imagine how hard infertility is on a couple, a woman doesn't stop being a woman because she can't have children. it seems that fertility treatments have come a long way (i know 2 couples that used the services) so there are probably very few woman that can't be helped

and on a personal note i have/had PCOS which makes conception difficult. when i found out, having kids wasn't a priority but i didn't/don't feel less than a woman.

tater

Superstar
Daps
I used to think it would, but now that I'm older there's so much life I want to experience that has nothing to do with kids or family. A child and a man don't define my existence. While they are something I want, I don't feel that not having them will invalidate me being a woman at all. That's really an antiquated mindset IMO. Women are more than baby factories.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I know it affects a lot of women. Wanting to go through the whole pregnancy/birthing process, creating someone with your DNA. My heart is so big and I'm so emotionally detached from my family that If I adopt those are gonna be my babies no matter what, blood or no blood.

I do want kids sooo bad. Having my own family is my goal but I could be like Josephine and have my own rainbow tribe and I'd be happy.