Woman nearly impaled by a spear crashing through her windshield

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Shavone Canales was driving to a friend’s house Sunday evening when the unthinkable happened: A spear pierced her windshield and nearly impaled her.

Yes, you read that right — a spear.

Canales, 36, was looking forward to some “me time” away from her children. She had just passed the Best Western Hotel at 8669 Interstate 10 and was preparing to merge onto the highway at 9:15 p.m. when her windshield shattered.
“I heard an explosion, and I ducked down, and when I looked up, a whole spear was there,” she said. The steering wheel halted the spear on its course, so Canales was unscathed.
She was, however, left with questions.

The San Antonio resident didn’t see the person who hurled the lethal weapon at her car, but she knew she couldn’t stop her vehicle where the attack happened. While on the phone with 911, she slowly moved forward, waving other cars around her, and turned into Horizon Pointe apartments.

Then she called her best friend: “Girl, a whole spear just came through my window.”

While she waited for her friend and law enforcement to arrive, Canales used the last 2 percent of battery remaining on her phone to take a video of her car — spear and all.

She then posted the clip to TikTok, drawing in over 6.7 million views and 900,000 likes in just 19 hours as users flooded the comment section and shared the content in disbelief.

“So yeah, guys I almost died. Someone threw a spear through my car tonight, and I just thought I’d show y’all how bad it is,” Canales says behind the camera, panning from her splintered windshield to inside her vehicle where the spear was lodged into her steering wheel.

Canales’ next TikTok shows a San Antonio police officer remove the spear from the vehicle. “That is crazy,” the officer says while examining the blade. “You could have died.”

She said the attack was entirely random and unprovoked. But whoever threw the spear must have had some type of experience with the weapon, she said. “I was going 40, 45 miles per hour,” she recalled. “Their precision on that was pretty insane.”

The San Antonio Police Department said there is no known suspect now, but the case — which is categorized as aggravated assault with a deadly weapon — is under investigation.

“I just hope somebody comes forward,” she said. “If it wasn’t me, it would have been somebody else. I am just hoping now that it’s getting enough attention that they won’t attempt this again.”

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
1200x0.jpg

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
They arrested a couple cacs months ago for dropping boulders on passing cars