WOAT Sidequests In Gaming?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
i'm usually a guy that does every sidequest in a game just so I don't miss any content, but FFXVI really tested my patience. pretty much after the Titan fight I started skipping the sidequsts because they were too damn boring & tedious :why:

I don't know if FFXVI has the abolute worst per se, but they are the worst in recent memory :snoop:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Witcher 3 cyberpunk, rockstar from software did it best.

Then there's just the rest.

Collecting backpacks in Spider-Man. Yuck. Ill

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Dragon Age: Inquisition, I love the game but it is littered with a bunch of weak ass sidequests.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i'm usually a guy that does every sidequest in a game just so I don't miss any content, but FFXVI really tested my patience. pretty much after the Titan fight I started skipping the sidequsts because they were too damn boring & tedious :why:

I don't know if FFXVI has the abolute worst per se, but they are the worst in recent memory :snoop:
Same, i never finished that game.

For me side quests still need to fit the motivations of the character.

In FFXVI you are an exiled prince on a mission to save the world from some sort of blight, i find it hard to be immersed with him taking time out to wait tables

Make side quests relevant to their motivations in the story. RDR2 does this right for example. Arthur Morgan in RDR2 isn't going to take time out of robbing people to help bust some tables at a restaurant, but he might rob a homestead

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Most modern games struggle with it. They need to stick with quality over quantity. There were some great side quests in FFXVI which gave background on the side characters, I was fine with it. The rest were dumb, they should replace them with battles/etc to get good rewards.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i mean, FFXV and FF7R literally had worse sidequest

I’d say most JRPGs are well behind the curve in terms of designing good sidequest

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

I skipped like 90% of the side quests in FFXVl.. they were crazy ass. The only thing i did was look for some of the bounties.