WOAT NBA PLAYOFFS

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You are seeing this from a hindsight point of view. Were viewers this disinterested in the '01 playoffs during it than as they are now??

No one was saying the Lakers were going to SWEEP THE CONFERENCE, especially against teams that have taken them to 7 games, lets not act like the blazers, spurs, and kings were the blazers of now and jazz status. 76ers went through 2 game 7 series.
Those teams weren't at their peak at all though
Blazers year before were better
The kings he next year were arguably the best team going in to the playoffs on either conference
Spurs after 02 became the spurs we all know and respected and became perennial champions behind Duncan who became the best power forward in the league and arguably all time with tony Parker and manu ginobili being amazing. Dirk and nags splitting allowed both the suns and mavericks to become great. Western conference in 01 wasn't some world beating conference and he reputation that that conference got came around the mid aughts

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
what do my team have to do with you admitting you're a casual fan :dead:. nikka said watching houston bait refs in fts is pretty basketball. I can careless about the thunder losing i didn't want them in the playoffs anyway. we should make a bandwagon thread for people like you.

My allegiance is with KD. I don't care about the Warriors or my Pacers until we trade Ya'll George and rebuild.

There's been good series. SAS/MEM had arguably the best game of the entire playoffs, Utah and LAC went 7, Milwaukee and Toronto was decent, Boston vs Chicago was captivating....

Postseason hasn't been that bad outside of GSW and Cleveland stomping people out, and even some of those games within the sweep were very competitive. We were 1 game winner away from beating Cleveland in game 1, for example, and we blew a the biggest lead in playoff history. That's at least historically interesting :manny:

Daps
Nobody bought the knicks like that,they were up 2-0 with home court and plenty of people thought the bulls would win the series.I remember that specifically.

The bulls were 7-1 heading into the '96 ecf and beat orlando 3 out 4 times that season I didn't think orlando would get swept but the bulls were way better than they were the year before, Jordan was on a mission from game 1 that year I never thought the magic would beat the bulls.

Pacers was :merchant: that was the closest the bulls ever came to being eliminated in any of their 6 title runs.That was also their oldest team and it took a reggie late second 3 and a jordan miss that rimmed out & jordan getting tripped by mckie at the end of game 6 for that series to go 7.

You can speak for your recollection as I can mine. You don't think after two years of coming up short that conventional wisdom would lead people to think that the Knicks finally figured out The Bulls as The Bulls did The Pistons years before when they went up 2-0? You don't think the gambling story that broke about MJ around the same time would have lead people to wonder was he mentally dialed in with all the talk? There was PLENTY of people who thought 93 was The Knicks year at that point being up 2-0. Wasn't that the year when Starks hit that lefty dunk that was all over the papers? Nahhh man after those first 2 games that shyt was in doubt mightily at that point. Regardless of "what it took" from the Pacers the situation was what it was...A do or die game 7 in Chicago. I believe that was only the 3rd win or go home scenario of Mike's career. You watch playoff basketball then you know one wrong spin of the ball makes winners and losers. I'll give you the Magic thing partially...

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
Those teams weren't at their peak at all though
Blazers year before were better
The kings he next year were arguably the best team going in to the playoffs on either conference
What peak :dahell:

2000: Lakers over blazers 4-3
2000: Lakers over kings 3-2

2001: lakers over both without losing

So they only peaked for a year?? Lakers just went McGregor over Aldo mode and said fukk it we killing everyone this year. Again their dominance was nowhere as predicted as this year's playoffs as of yet.

If the lakers lost it would be a :yeshrug:

If GSW/cavs lost these last two rounds it would be:mjlol:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What peak :dahell:

2000: Lakers over blazers 4-3
2000: Lakers over kings 3-2

2001: lakers over both without losing

So they only peaked for a year?? Lakers just went McGregor over Aldo mode and said fukk it we killing everyone this year. Again their dominance was nowhere as predicted as this year's playoffs as of yet.

If the lakers lost it would be a :yeshrug:

If GSW/cavs lost these last two rounds it would be:mjlol:
Lakers vs kings 02 was a debacle and lakers had ref help to beat a better team that's what I mean
Portland had a double digit lead in the fourth to lose to the lakers in 2000 and the lakers came back to win that's how mug better Portland was the year before

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
You can speak for your recollection as I can mine. You don't think after two years of coming up short that conventional wisdom would lead people to think that the Knicks finally figured out The Bulls as The Bulls did The Pistons years before when they went up 2-0? You don't think the gambling story that broke about MJ around the same time would have lead people to wonder was he mentally dialed in with all the talk? There was PLENTY of people who thought 93 was The Knicks year at that point being up 2-0. Wasn't that the year when Starks hit that lefty dunk that was all over the papers? Nahhh man after those first 2 games that shyt was in doubt mightily at that point. Regardless of "what it took" from the Pacers the situation was what it was...A do or die game 7 in Chicago. I believe that was only the 3rd win or go home scenario of Mike's career. You watch playoff basketball then you know one wrong spin of the ball makes winners and losers. I'll give you the Magic thing partially...

I'm not disagreeing with any of this the media were gassing the knicks that season coming into that series, especially after they went up 2-0 in the ecf and the story about jordan gambling in atlantic city broke in between games 1-2.I was in high school at the time of this series.Back then 2-0 lead meant it was over ,teams weren't coming back from those series deficits on the reg like they do now.I remember people saying bulls will comeback cuz nobody was betting against mike back then.The knicks were like the thibs bulls vs lebrons heat a competitive team but nobody was buying them until they won.I grew up in chicago tho so you're talking to a bulls fans perspective people panicked but no one thought they would lose.

I said the pacers were the toughest challenge but the bulls were still up 2-0,3-2 and were in control of that series until mike tripped over mckies foot.My point is the bulls were challenged a couple times during their title runs '98 ecf game 7 was the only legit scare.

Daps
I'm not disagreeing with any of this the media were gassing the knicks that season coming into that series, especially after they went up 2-0 in the ecf and the story about jordan gambling in atlantic city broke in between games 1-2.I was in high school at the time of this series.Back then 2-0 lead meant it was over ,teams weren't coming back from those series deficits on the reg like they do now.I remember people saying bulls will comeback cuz nobody was betting against mike back then.The knicks were like the thibs bulls vs lebrons heat a competitive team but nobody was buying them until they won.I grew up in chicago tho so you're talking to a bulls fans perspective people panicked but no one thought they would lose.

I said the pacers were the toughest challenge but the bulls were still up 2-0,3-2 and were in control of that series until mike tripped over mckies foot.My point is the bulls were challenged a couple times during their title runs '98 ecf game 7 was the only legit scare.

You grew up in Chi and I was in Brooklyn rooting for Ho Grant & Co. In hindsight it looked like adversity but in the moment the feeling was it could go either way nationally

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I said it when it happened, Durant didn't want to compete, didn't want to reach his potential, he just wanted to be a part of something, a true loser attribute. :mjlol:

But some came to his defense saying this would be good for the league. Really? What the numbers lookin like on this Jazz series? Nobody watching that shyt

Durant got tired of playing with a stat-whoring chucker, saw it in his face in the Warriors series. You don't blow a 3-1 lead like that unless you've seriously hit your last damn nerve with someone.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I feel the Lakers would be the most likely team to get him, especially now with Magic being president and Mychal being a friend of his could steer Klay to LA.

Kinda suspected that too, but when is he a FA? Depending on when and what the roster looks like we might not even be able to sign him. Those Deng/Mozgov contracts are brutal as fukk, plus if by chance the shooting guard situation is resolved before then we'll have no spot for him.

Klay would be perfect for the thunders imo but I doubt that move happens. Why would Klay go from the Bay to Oklahoma City other than to spite KD and win a title there.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
lol people are really in here arguing against free agency in the NBA like its 1968

The NBA should THANK Lebron for choosing to play with Kyrie and for pulling Kevin Love out of Minnesota. Cuz they wouldn't be doing shyt without him. You could argue that the Big 3 in Miami hurt Toronto (even tho Bosh also, wasn't doing shyt with them). But you can't deny that Bron rescued Kyrie and Love from obscurity and built one of the 2 biggest draws in the league.

It helped the NBA tremendously. The only people hurt by the move were Pat Riley and Golden State.
These nikkas three years ago were acting like Minny won the Wiggins/Love trade.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Fast forward 36 months, here they are still crying about LeBron.

#Casuals

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
masai said Carroll gonna have a great year next year. Wow this Nigerian really scamming this city. @Miggs

He was bulls hitting all thru the second half of that press conference lol.

It was a healing year for him :russ::russ::russ:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Kinda suspected that too, but when is he a FA? Depending on when and what the roster looks like we might not even be able to sign him. Those Deng/Mozgov contracts are brutal as fukk, plus if by chance the shooting guard situation is resolved before then we'll have no spot for him.

Klay would be perfect for the thunders imo but I doubt that move happens. Why would Klay go from the Bay to Oklahoma City other than to spite KD and win a title there.

Those contracts are bad, but you can stretch provision one of them to clear up room, and Russell wont be due for a contract until after that season so you actually will have caproom for him.

There's no way he leaves the Bay for OKC, I put money on it the only teams he'd even consider are the Lakers or Knicks, he strikes me as a big city dude.