WOAT NBA PLAYOFFS

Daps
Everybody knew the 90s Bulls were making it to the finals. Everybody knew the Shaq-Kobe Lakers were making it to the finals. There are just teams you know are that good. The difference is this time there are two of them and they're going to meet in the finals. There's an inherent drama just to that. Yeah, it leads to an inevitability feeling and deflates the importance of the other series, but how many of yall really remember classic conference semifinals games?:ld:

So when the Knicks had the Bulls down 0-2 in 93 everybody knew? Going into the 96 ECF's against The Magic that tossed The Bulls the year before everybody knew? When the 98 Pacers pushed The Bulls to the brink in a game 7 in Chicago everybody knew? Were you of age in those days?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
NO, I DONT THINK THATS WEIRD AND NEITHER DO 95% OF THIS FORUM WHO GOT A PICTURE OF AN ENTERTAINER OR ATHLETE IN THEIR AVATAR .. ITS OK TO BE A FAN, U FUCCIN WEIRDO. U GOT HANG UPS ABOUT THAT LIKE U WAS ABUSED AS A CHILD OR SOMETHIN. GO GET YOUR HEAD CHECKED, U SEEM TO BE HANGIN ON TO YOUR MASCULINATY EXTRA TIGHT LIKE U SCARED U MIGHT LOSE IT.
U know we are cool and shyt fam so no diss (fukk THE LWO AS A WHOLE THOUGH :pacspit:) but I will never understand having a pic of an entertainer as your personal Avi. I have never used anything other than pics of myself or pics of me and a bytch. That shyt is really weird to me tbh. I'm not that much of a fan of anything for it to be a representation of me, cause I'm that mothafukkin nikka to be honest. I'm the shyt in real life. I'll show myself off all day cause I know I live a life most nikkas dream of. fukk it though lol.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
This is going to be one of the most insufferable summers in recent memory.
I think the Warriors are probably going shoot the Cavs out the building and it'll be 3 months of people trashing Durant's coward move and Warriors fans behaving like Trump supporters -- which is to say, they won't address/discuss/or refute shyt but bask in their victory.

Good thing the Yankees are good again.

:coffee:
If that happens, Any person who's a lifelong warriors fan has the right to be an a$$hole all summer.....just like when we won in 2011 against a stacked ass team

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If you actually think Washington,Celtics

Rockets or spurs will be a threat :mjlol:

I will make my conclusions after the conference finals, there is two series left which are competitive

problem is that I'm afraid the winners of these 2 will not challenge the warriors or cavs and we will have a snoozefest conference finals

the new era where everyone is learning how to shoot threes has one big problem is that one team can get hot from the 3pt line, while the other can't, they just have a bad shooting night, and that game is over by the halftime, then you turn the game off and watch something else. It's horrible, to the point where I wanna see the 3rd superteam, something to challenge these two. fukking timberwolves go two superstar potential players and they can't make it to the playoffs :dead: watch new orleans also fukking up their potential superteam :dead:

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
It's to guarantee the lower seeded team gets at least 2 home games for revenue.

And, this will be the last of the super teams formed through free agency, the new CBA will make sure a Durant situation never happens again.

True. It's going to be hard for stars to pass up 200 million dollar contracts when the competition can only offer 3/4th of that. Cousins agent was trying to kill his value and scare teams away late in trade talks because he didn't want to lose millions being traded. CP3 is going to be a 32 year old getting a 200 million dollar contract.

If Paul George makes an All NBA team, he will be eligible to get a super max from the Pacers that will be hard to refuse.

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
Y'all nikkas must have forgot he 2001 playoffs

Wait Wait Wait, EVERYONE knows GSW-cavs finals, no one predicted lakers-76ers finals

Everyone knew GSW would trump the west, NO ONE saw the lakers sweep the west

We had some good east action with AI vs Vince carter, both trading 50 point games (side note, Carter did the first 50 point game and said "the rim looked like a lake to me." AI did it the game after and said, "The rim looked like an ocean" :lolbron:)

This is nothing compared to '01

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wait Wait Wait, EVERYONE knows GSW-cavs finals, no one predicted lakers-76ers finals

Everyone knew GSW would trump the west, NO ONE saw the lakers sweep the west

We had some good east action with AI vs Vince carter, both trading 50 point games (side note, Carter did the first 50 point game and said "the rim looked like a lake to me." AI did it the game after and said, "The rim looked like an ocean" :lolbron:)

This is nothing compared to '01
Bruh everyone knew lakers was gonna dominate and Vince vs iverson was a second round series that was a bunch of hero ball wasn't even the best series in the east
So far Boston vs wizards is more entertaining then any eastern conference series from that year
Subs hot terrible that entire playoffs but him winning just one game against that lakers team built his entire legacy
Iverson never made it to another 2nd round appearance after that and all the good teams of the 2000s in the west didn't start hitting heir stride until the next year or so like Dallas spurs (post Robinson spurs run) kings blazers etc.
East didn't get a legit team until Detroit Miami Boston and pacers popped up until Lebron left to miami

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
Bruh everyone knew lakers was gonna dominate and Vince vs iverson was a second round series that was a bunch of hero ball wasn't even the best series in the east
So far Boston vs wizards is more entertaining then any eastern conference series from that year
Subs hot terrible that entire playoffs but him winning just one game against that lakers team built his entire legacy
Iverson never made it to another 2nd round appearance after that and all the good teams of the 2000s in the west didn't start hitting heir stride until the next year or so like Dallas spurs (post Robinson spurs run) kings blazers etc.
East didn't get a legit team until Detroit Miami Boston and pacers popped up until Lebron left to miami

You are seeing this from a hindsight point of view. Were viewers this disinterested in the '01 playoffs during it than as they are now??

No one was saying the Lakers were going to SWEEP THE CONFERENCE, especially against teams that have taken them to 7 games, lets not act like the blazers, spurs, and kings were the blazers of now and jazz status. 76ers went through 2 game 7 series.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I've been thinking Klay gon leave since KD got there. The thunder gotta make a run at him.
I'm like 100% sure that this will happen and that KD was told this by management. nikkas gone have to stfu with the KD slander cause in the long run Klay will be the one forced to walk. They won't be 4 deep like this no longer than past next season.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
So when the Knicks had the Bulls down 0-2 in 93 everybody knew? Going into the 96 ECF's against The Magic that tossed The Bulls the year before everybody knew? When the 98 Pacers pushed The Bulls to the brink in a game 7 in Chicago everybody knew? Were you of age in those days?
Folks love to do the revisionists history just looking at the end result when most years a missed shot or two could've lead to an entirely different champion. Most years there is at least some drama or adversity that the champions had to face. That's just like last year with everyone saying how boring it was because you knew it was going to be Cavs-Warriors in the finals ignoring that GS barely scraped by OKC>

Daps
There's a lot of things wrong with this post.

I'm a 2008 Celtics fanatic, and they weren't considered the favorites at the time. Meanwhile the superteams now are hands down most likely to win. Because none of the players on the celtics were considered the greatest player in the game at the time.

They were not a dream team, they were more like the recent star-power stacked LA Clippers or the Brooklyn Nets than the 92 Olympic Team. My favorite player in that playoff run was Leon Powe for fukk sakes, not exactly Karl Malone. Their other bigs besides Garnett were Kendrick Perkins and Glen 'Big Baby Davis' (oh and Brian fukking Scalabrine). I don't think either of those guys have made it out of the second round since.

The other thing that's weird about that post is the idea that Lebron didn't join the Celtics to beat them. No, he just stole Ray Allen...who happened to be the only reason why the Cavs beat the Spurs for one of their championships. Yeah, he didn't join them, he just effectively neutered them and took the piece that he wanted (top 3 greatest three-point scorers of all time).
Ray Allen dipped on the Celtics 2 years in to the Heatles' reign and had just lost to them in the ecf :stopitslime:

0/10 trolling