Window Tints

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Put me on to the window tint game...what's the most I should be looking to spend? What about the DIY tint kits? :patrice:

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
DIY is never worth it, IMO. You'll drive yourself insane and it never comes out looking good.

Ceramic composed tint is the best quality out there, IMO. I think I paid a guy about $130 for 5 windows in my car at 35%

And like @Willstyles said, keep it simple and within the law. No sense in creative problems for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
I was just looking at tint myself....but I was going do it myself until I looked at vids on youtube of people doing it and said, "Hell Nah."....

Only thing is, it's expensive as hell to get it done up here......

illadope

きんが
Daps
Its hard to do it yourself. You need to be in a place with NO wind or dust or youre going to want to punch your windows out.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
DIY is never worth it, IMO. You'll drive yourself insane and it never comes out looking good.

Ceramic composed tint is the best quality out there, IMO. I think I paid a guy about $130 for 5 windows in my car at 35%

And like @Willstyles said, keep it simple and within the law. No sense in creative problems for yourself.

Good look...:lupe:

Last edited by a moderator:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
i ordered mine pre-cut off ebay and put them on within a half hour. it's not hard but I'm more of a DIY guy in the first place. The back window can be a little tricky depending on the curvature.
I've done a couple of my friends cars, I guess I learn quick.

i got 5% all around, only had to take them off once cuz I got caught speeding so officer let me go off that but (in exchange) I had to get rid of the tints. I just put new ones on a few days later.
Around here you can only have 35% :aicmon: by law. But everyone and I mean everyone has lower than that. Luckily tints are not on the priority list for law enforcement in my state.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
i ordered mine pre-cut off ebay and put them on within a half hour. it's not hard but I'm more of a DIY guy in the first place. The back window can be a little tricky depending on the curvature.
I've done a couple of my friends cars, I guess I learn quick.

i got 5% all around, only had to take them off once cuz I got caught speeding so officer let me go off that but (in exchange) I had to get rid of the tints. I just put new ones on a few days later.
Around here you can only have 35% :aicmon: by law. But everyone and I mean everyone has lower than that. Luckily tints are not on the priority list for law enforcement in my state.

Here it's 25%...how would it look compared to no tint windows. :leostare:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Here it's 25%...how would it look compared to no tint windows. :leostare:

25% is good I've had 20% before; it'll be dark at night. sunny days you will probably still be able to see in the car but it will still be dark enough imo.

35% is pretty much see-through all the time. Its like not having tints at all.

I got 5% because I have a black car and just wanted everything blacked out.