Willie D calls out CNN for banning Black Media from tonight debate

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
I hate the internet everyone posts click baiting headlines to fit a narrative that doesn't match the actual article. :beli:

Directly from the article in question.

According to an email from CNN, there was a June 7 deadline for members of the media to request credentials to attend and cover the event, but Atlanta Voice and Atlanta Black Star were unaware of the deadline until editors from both publications individually reached out to a CNN representative in the past week, who stated that the mainstream media outlet is “unable to accommodate any additional credential requests” past the deadline.

Suggs finds it impertinent that CNN did not consider Atlanta Voice for an invite or send any correspondence about the event to the Black publication.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
People continue to get vague when addressing and comparing politics as if the devil isnt in the details. The system is set up so that a vote for a third party is a thrown away vote. We know for a fact that one party in particular actively does their best to discourage voting, especially of black populations. Ergo, if you throw away your vote, you're (accidentally?) doing what the republicacs want you to do

The race is between Trump and Biden, sorry for the RFK supporters and their dreams, but it's time to wake up
Plantation babble

Daps
People continue to get vague when addressing and comparing politics as if the devil isnt in the details. The system is set up so that a vote for a third party is a thrown away vote. We know for a fact that one party in particular actively does their best to discourage voting, especially of black populations. Ergo, if you throw away your vote, you're (accidentally?) doing what the republicacs want you to do

The race is between Trump and Biden, sorry for the RFK supporters and their dreams, but it's time to wake up
Facts.

The powers that be and a surprising number of celebrities want Drumpf in the WH.

Biden is a "normal" president and he's not going to entertain anyone unless they have serious clout or are deeply embedded in politics (heads of state, various foreign dignitaries, governors etc).

Drumpf is more of a celebrity politician. He feels inadequate around the real smart people but loves letting entertainers hang around because they don't make him feel dumb. They are geniuses at their craft but know nothing about politics...like Drumpf. He's the C+ student that got put in AP classes and feels completely out of place unless he's at lunch or P.E.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
:russell:that's never gonna be the case.
It’s basically the case now. Outside of a little lip service the presidential candidates aren’t pandering to the Black community anymore. No town halls with big promises of money with Roland Martin or Al Sharpton moderating. Basically nothing but the occasional photo op or passing reference.

They’re bringing the immigrants in and moving the nikkas out, just like Dr. Anderson said they would. And I’d take his word, someone who’s spent his life working in politics and studying the situation and knows what to look for, before I listened to any random dude who’s just trying to be positive and saying what he hopes the situation is.

The plain truth is we’ve been warned for well over a century, and outside of giving 85-90% of our vote to the Democratic Party we haven’t taken any of the steps needed to ensure we survive and prosper into the future.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Facts.

The powers that be and a surprising number of celebrities want Drumpf in the WH.

Biden is a "normal" president and he's not going to entertain anyone unless they have serious clout or are deeply embedded in politics (heads of state, various foreign dignitaries, governors etc).

Drumpf is more of a celebrity politician. He feels inadequate around the real smart people but loves letting entertainers hang around because they don't make him feel dumb. They are geniuses at their craft but know nothing about politics...like Drumpf. He's the C+ student that got put in AP classes and feels completely out of place unless he's at lunch or P.E.
I even question their actual allegiance to the GOP. Seems like more than half of the diehard trump fans were apolitical and never cared about politics before he came on the scene. I bet they rarely voted and only recently supported the republican ticket because of trump. They weren’t supporting Romney/Ryan in 2012 or McCain/Palin in 2008 back in the day. When trump will stop making bids for the US presidency and will officially retire from politics, most of the trump stans will stop caring about politics until another similar outspoken celebrity runs for president. These same People who are trump fans will become Dwayne « the rock » Johnson fans if the latter wanted to run for POTUS by appealing to lowbrow nativist and populist sensibilities. These low information and poorly educated folks love to be entertained and they love stanning a narcissistic maverick and big loudmouth talker like trump. He’s literally a clown, a walking meme.

Last edited:

Kasper KArr

Go-getter from the Lower East Side
Daps
I hope you understand your bytch ass quote me one more time getting sassy, I’m about get ignorant with your goofy ass
Lmao getting tough with online nikka but no smoke for them Memphis nikkas that ran into your crib and robbed you lol

:mjlol:

Internet gangsters these days.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
So they missed the deadline to apply, & folks are mad :dead:

Is Atlanta Black Star a big platform at all? I remember seeing them years ago, thought it was just another gossip rag.

It’s basically the case now. Outside of a little lip service the presidential candidates aren’t pandering to the Black community anymore. No town halls with big promises of money with Roland Martin or Al Sharpton moderating. Basically nothing but the occasional photo op or passing reference.

They’re bringing the immigrants in and moving the nikkas out, just like Dr. Anderson said they would. And I’d take his word, someone who’s spent his life working in politics and studying the situation and knows what to look for, before I listened to any random dude who’s just trying to be positive and saying what he hopes the situation is.

The plain truth is we’ve been warned for well over a century, and outside of giving 85-90% of our vote to the Democratic Party we haven’t taken any of the steps needed to ensure we survive and prosper into the future.

You greatly underestimate your own people based off of one person tho.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Screenshot-20220625-084908-Chrome.jpg

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
No Brother I don’t. I advocate for my people to take a serious look at what’s going on around us and figure out ways to do what we need to be doing without relying on lying white politicians. But I also deal with reality. We haven’t even begun to take the necessary steps, and are in fact going backwards. Now that’s an ugly truth, but it’s the truth.

And it’s not just one person. Have you read Garvey? He warned us 100 years ago what was going to happen if we didn’t get it together. So did Booker T Washington, Walter Rodney, Brother Malcolm, Huey P Newton, and a whole host of others. Huey spoke on the day when the establishment would have advanced their technology to the point they didn’t need any workers and asked what would happen to us then? We’ve already seen the offshoring of millions of jobs, blue and white collar, and now we have automation and AI getting ready to wipe out millions more. Who’ll be affected the most, and who will get helped last, if at all? We see what gentrification has done and is doing to Black communities all over the nation. We’re being priced out. Claude Anderson is just the latest to give his analysis.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Is Atlanta Black Star a big platform at all? I remember seeing them years ago, thought it was just another gossip rag.

It’s the largest black owned media news outlet in the country but they aren’t super big. I’ve came across some of their articles but I don’t go searching for it. They pop up occasionally

They must have been on CPT. :mjpls:

:dead:

I understand they’re upset but I’m not in media & even I know there are deadlines for press passes, especially for a presidential debate. All the security checks & things needed to be done to get clearance is probably crazy