Will we see another great singer/songwriter/producer

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
en lieu of the prince v rkelly thread :snoop:

it inspired me to think will we see a great like prince again. it seems like the up until the 90's we saw many try to strive in being great artists.

i thought maybe ryan leslie had next but idk what happened there.

everyone else seems to have one thing but not the other two :leon:

not even great singer and great song writer i guess currently frank ocean is the closest there.

thoughtS?

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mrs.Keys??

:ld: didnt think about that one.

i just feel we wont. because i havent seen anyone with that drive to do all three. but im also not in the studio so i cant really comment.

but it seems alot of "rnb" is either hiphop n b or dance n b

nothing really that feels truly natural ... also no one doesnt seem to have their "signature sound" closest to that would be weekend having his own sound really.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
:ld: didnt think about that one.

i just feel we wont. because i havent seen anyone with that drive to do all three. but im also not in the studio so i cant really comment.

but it seems alot of "rnb" is either hiphop n b or dance n b

nothing really that feels truly natural ... also no one doesnt seem to have their "signature sound" closest to that would be weekend having his own sound really.
this pretty much sums it up. there's really not a big reward for being a "true" artist these days. its more about being a puppet/performer and about an image ala Rihanna and Beyonce. and i dont even wanna get into the current male "R&B" artists. seems like they're more interested in being rappers than holding a note :beli: