Will we ever get Austin Powers 4 brehs?

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
This trilogy was a big part of my childhood, I loved Austin Powers man :wow:

Been waiting since 02 for the 4th installment....

Seems like Mike Myers got forced in retirement after Love Guru bombed...perhaps his confidence was shattered and he second guessing himself....

Look at this Wikipedia section about him pump faking the last 15 years :russ:

In October 2005, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Mike Myers discussed the possibility of studio sources moving forward with a fourth film. "There is hope!". "We're all circling and talking to each other. I miss doing the characters."[17] In May 2007, in an interview with IGN, "So no more Austin Powers?" was asked, and Myers replied, "No, no, there is a fully conceived idea for a fourth and I can just say that it's from Dr. Evil's point of view. So if you balanced how much of it was Austin with Dr. Evil, it's more about Dr. Evil than Austin."[18]

In May 2007, at the Shrek the Third première, Mike Myers announced that a fourth Austin Powers film was planned, but that it would focus more on Dr. Evil rather than Austin. He also said that he'd start work on it after he started work on The Love Guru, which became a box office bomb.[19]

In February 2008, it was announced that Jay Roach would return as director. In April 2008, it was reported that Gisele Bündchen had been offered a role in the film.[20] In June 2008, in an interview, when asked about another Austin Powers film, Myers stated, "I have an idea, and again it's one of those things that will emerge or it won't."[21] In July 2008, Mike Myers stated that he had begun writing Austin Powers 4, and that the plot is "really about Dr. Evil and his son."[22]

In March 2010, Jay Roach indicated to MTV that Myers is working on ideas for a fourth film.[23][24] In August 2011, Mike Myers revealed he would return, and had begun writing a script for a fourth installment.[25] In September 2013, when asked about the future of Austin Powers, Myers answered "I'm still figuring that out."[26]

In August 2016, in a telephone interview, Mike Myers stated "Everything is being negotiated and worked out and all that stuff" in regards to the fourth installment of the Austin Powers film series.[27] In April 2017, as the twentieth anniversary approached for Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Mike Myers claimed he would love to do another Austin Powers film, but you would just have to see.[28]

As of 2017, Austin Powers 4 has yet to be produced.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The first three didn't age well at all and I don't think this generation of kids will support dude like that

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He said last month it's still something he and Jay Roach talk about but I feel like that's it. We talked about it on my show and my boys brought up the idea of Austin passing the torch to someone else and I said that would never happen. I can't see Mike Myers taking a backseat to anyone especially for a franchise thats his baby.