Will Sony and Microsoft adopt a switch approach next gen

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now we have seen Sony and Microsoft bite off Nintendo with the wii in some form or another with Microsoft with the Kinect and Sony with the motion controls. Do you think the two companies will sacrifice power for functionality since we are at a point of diminishing returns in the graphics department.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I fukking hope not.

I own a switch and I enjoy it but I want Nintendo to stay in that lane and Sony/Msft to continue pushing stationary console performance.

I'm biased, though I'm a video game head but I don't like mobile gaming. Whether it be handheld or on my phone, I'm averse to playing video games outside of the home.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Now we have seen Sony and Microsoft bite off Nintendo with the wii in some form or another with Microsoft with the Kinect and Sony with the motion controls. Do you think the two companies will sacrifice power for functionality since we are at a point of diminishing returns in the graphics department.
fukk no, you must be ignoring the bigger gaming market that gets all the cool multiplats? Any game aimed at adults like 2k, Madden, metal gear, whatever. All that gets played on Xbox, PlayStation and PC

As much as you say they took from Nintendo, well Xbox is all about that online. The clouds about to reign nah mean :smugbiden:

Finally, this diminishing returns bullshyt, nikka, do you not see games looking better and better? You think games look as good as possible right now :usure:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk no, you must be ignoring the bigger gaming market that gets all the cool multiplats? Any game aimed at adults like 2k, Madden, metal gear, whatever. All that gets played on Xbox, PlayStation and PC

As much as you say they took from Nintendo, well Xbox is all about that online. The clouds about to reign nah mean :smugbiden:

Finally, this diminishing returns bullshyt, nikka, do you not see games looking better and better? You think games look as good as possible right now :usure:

The fact that both companies released revisions of there console mid cycle shows that the gap is getting smaller. We will never see a ps2 - ps3 transition possibly ever again. Now it will all be resolutions bumps and incremental details here and there.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i wish

i mean what's the options... have a ps5 that i can't take with me or have one that i can?

yea... i'll take the ps5 that does 4k on the console and whatever else on portable.. as long as i can transport and play real games on it

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Nah I can wait til I get home to play, fukk that

Chef

All Star
Daps
Nah. They’ll stay traditional while Nintendo will do some out the box shyt and all of them will still eat. I personally don’t see the industry going back to three similar devices but who knows. :yeshrug: