Will next-gen end the terrible console to pc ports?

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
As a pc gamer this is undeniable. There are some notable games they release over the years and quite frankly they all run like shyt.

-GTA IV was unplayable on pc for years...(yall pc nikkas really holding out for gtav :usure:)

-Saints Row 2 was completely unplayable (like half the key bindings did not work) until someone created a mod...it was so bad the entire pc team got fired.

-DMC3 looks and plays worse than the ps2 version :snoop:

-They made the definitive version of Diablo 3 for the ps3/360 :why: (no AH, offline mode, local co-op, ect...)

-Dark Souls is still unplayable without mods and will be completely unplayable with windows live shutting down. (windows live is a problem in itself)

-Resident Evil 4 :pacspit: worst console port of all time imo (no mouse aiming :wtf:)

-FF7 got re-released and still uses the fukking midi soundtrack...:mindblown:

-Dead Space ...mouse lag, forced 30fps, just :snoop:

Just a few off the top...this shyt HAS to end this gen.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
but pc gamers are superior huh :pachaha:

consoles>>>

except for steam :whew:

Brute forcing games to run at 1080p and 60fps :win:

@Camammal I'd say the ports will be great now, these consoles are essentially PCs now, that x86 architecture is gonna have us eating. I mean, look at what UBIsoft and EA choose to show their games on :blessed:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
but pc gamers are superior huh :pachaha:

consoles>>>

except for steam :whew:

well thats the thing, the mod community puts everything over the top but it should not have to be required to have mods to have games to work properly. I would still say PC>>>>> but the more shytty console ports we get has me thinking otherwise.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
As a pc gamer this is undeniable. There are some notable games they release over the years and quite frankly they all run like shyt.

-GTA IV was unplayable on pc for years...(yall pc nikkas really holding out for gtav :usure:)

-Saints Row 2 was completely unplayable (like half the key bindings did not work) until someone created a mod...it was so bad the entire pc team got fired.

-DMC3 looks and plays worse than the ps2 version :snoop:

-They made the definitive version of Diablo 3 for the ps3/360 :why: (no AH, offline mode, local co-op, ect...)

-Dark Souls is still unplayable without mods and will be completely unplayable with windows live shutting down. (windows live is a problem in itself)

-Resident Evil 4 :pacspit: worst console port of all time imo (no mouse aiming :wtf:)

-FF7 got re-released and still uses the fukking midi soundtrack...:mindblown:

-Dead Space ...mouse lag, forced 30fps, just :snoop:

Just a few off the top...this shyt HAS to end this gen.
it has been much better the past 4 years.

hell most games released in the past 3 years feel damn near unplayable on consoles if you touched the PC version. :scusthov: @ far cry 3 on the ps3/xbox

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
well thats the thing, the mod community puts everything over the top but it should not have to be required to have mods to have games to work properly. I would still say PC>>>>> but the more shytty console ports we get has me thinking otherwise.

Nah breh, the mod community existing is pure :blessed:

Even when a game is fine, they still put that shyt over the top, look at Skyrim :wow:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Brute forcing games to run at 1080p and 60fps :win:

@Camammal I'd say the ports will be great now, these consoles are essentially PCs now, that x86 architecture is gonna have us eating. I mean, look at what UBIsoft and EA choose to show their games on :blessed:

We'll see, hopefully they won't be lazy this gen and just release broken garbage.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
it has been much better the past 4 years.

hell most games released in the past 3 years feel damn near unplayable on consoles if you touched the PC version. :scusthov: @ far cry 3 on the ps3/xbox

I have not bothered buying any the last few years since i copped a ps3. i just buy straight pc games nowdays but it was bad breh. Far Cry on consoles should be a abomination

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
We'll see, hopefully they won't be lazy this gen and just release broken garbage.

Even if they are lazy, the fact is both machines are x86, no more cell or power PC nonsense. At their core, it's CPU+GPU (apu), they are 1st cousins, whereas the last gen consoles weren't even really related to PCs.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't even bother with a game unless it has a PC port. If it's a third party exclusive a la GTA V or 1st party like TLOU then I'll deal with it since the game is piff anyway. Metal Gear Rising?? PC I'llw wait.

Games like Crysis 1 where it doesn't even fukking work is unacceptable. I bought the game and played it a few times and the bytch won't work without me doing some laborious process that only worked once.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast

i will admit i played gta 4 on a friends computer and he had a gang of mods and its depressing playing in on my ps3 now. and besides random steam d/l's every once in a while, last games i played on pc before that were the first half life, halo, cs: source and warcraft 3 :flabbynsick: i just dont like the keyboard :ld: maybe one day ill go back but for now im all consoles.