Will housing ever be affordable again?

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
From like 2009 to 2021 housing was low and interest rates were cheap.. That is a pretty large window to have gotten something moving honestly.. shyt didnt flip til the streets was flooded with money and inflation hit, I saw them lines at Louie V and such, the CEO didnt rocket to #1 in the world for no reason..

Either way there are still oppportunities out there but it is definitely that much harder, I have become a reluctant buyer and kinda changing what I look for, more into building own product from ground up and/or Apt buildings but commercial looking kinda crazy in the lights :patrice:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So in always living in places that didn't cost anything, you've never had to make the choice you're telling other people to make.
Breh i don't like to drag out convo's over several days, but I did make the choice, clearly. Why would you think based on what i said that i ever move to an expensive place to live?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I mean mortgage rates are 7% and the prices of houses are still fairly high. Whenever those rates come down the house prices will just continue to climb higher. If rates ever got back to 5% people would lose their damn minds bidding up the price of houses. Outside an economic meltdown I think we're here to stay on housing prices the average person can't afford.
There’s plenty of affordable housing y’all just don’t want to live in those places

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Breh i don't like to drag out convo's over several days, but I did make the choice, clearly. Why would you think based on what i said that i ever move to an expensive place to live?
How did you make the choice when you've always lived in these low cost areas? Cincinnati is likely the costliest place you've been. Every person isn't born in a low COL area.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You pretty much better off buying now and waiting for a refinance if rates ever come down. The people who bought before COVID and refinanced into 2-3% rates made a killing. I see people saying they're waiting for rates to come down to buy. I say you and everyone else and when that happens you gonna be in a worse position than right now.
I refinanced in 2021 to 2.3%. And at the time I did it reluctantly. My monthly mortgage payments didn't really drop but the amount of interest I shaved off was huge. I'm glad I did it.

:blessed:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
There’s plenty of affordable housing people just don’t want to live in those places
There also has to be infrastructure in place to support a massive influx of people to different areas.

Jobs, recreational activities, public transportation etc

There are clear examples of cities being overwhelmed when remote workers changed locations during the pandemic

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
The HOA fees in CA are fukking ridiculous. I showed a client 3 condos yesterday and the HOA fees were $500 to $600 by themselves lmao. It’s an investment property so I could still make numbers work.

The only homes I get for sellers are from probate and I have cash buyers. The rates aren’t expected to get back to 5% until 2025 and then there will be so much demand for those properties the prices will stay high. I have a 3.4% rate for my house. I’m never selling that shyt lol.