Will housing ever be affordable again?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
So in other words no.

Doesn't solve the issue and perpetuates it.

Bootstrap babble.

None of this deals with the issue of homes being north of 10x what people earn.

Dope rebuttal. I can really see how what I explained won't work. I could learn something from your persuasive argument skills.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Doesn't solve the issue and perpetuates it.
There is no solution to millions of people wanting to live at the same exact address. Supply and Demand. Limited supply and high demand equals high prices.
Those cities aren't getting any bigger, so apartments get smaller and smaller and more expensive.

Only thing you can do to save money is to demand something with a bigger supply.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Get right with your family and try to live together.

Doing this alone is getting harder.

If the white man wants to create a new city to expand business that's the only way pressure will be taken off these major cities

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
When the economy collapses and people lose jobs en masse it will (Like COVID caused)

But it'll gradually go back up again, there will only be moments of affordability in the wake of a crisis.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Dope rebuttal. I can really see how what I explained won't work. I could learn something from your persuasive argument skills.
bytch niqqa rebuttal. I can really see how what I said plain and simple deals with the reality of the country we live in. We know better than everything you just stated, but we'll pretend you don't.
There is no solution to millions of people wanting to live at the same exact address. Supply and Demand. Limited supply and high demand equals high prices.
Those cities aren't getting any bigger, so apartments get smaller and smaller and more expensive.

Only thing you can do to save money is to demand something with a bigger supply.
Everyone doesn't want to "live at the same address", that's a wilfully dense statement from those who are simply tired of the conversation. The issue is not exclusive to city propers, suburbs than make up greater metro areas are also overpriced.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I mean mortgage rates are 7% and the prices of houses are still fairly high. Whenever those rates come down the house prices will just continue to climb higher. If rates ever got back to 5% people would lose their damn minds bidding up the price of houses. Outside an economic meltdown I think we're here to stay on housing prices the average person can't afford.
It's already affordable depending on where you're willing to live

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Everyone doesn't want to "live at the same address", that's a wilfully dense statement from those who are simply tired of the conversation. The issue is not exclusive to city propers, suburbs than make up greater metro areas are also overpriced.
City Propers and Greater Metro areas aren't the only places houses are sold.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
bytch niqqa rebuttal. I can really see how what I said plain and simple deals with the reality of the country we live in. We know better than everything you just stated, but we'll pretend you don't.

Damn son these are valuable jewels you're dropping about solving the problem. "That wont work because it won't and youre a bytch ngga" Real innovative solutions you've cooked up for the crisis. Glad to see you're invested enough in the topic to not only intelligently explain what the road blocks are to these ideas, but also to suggest what would work.

Your respect for other posters who care about the issue and care enough to put proposals forward is really inspiring.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Yes prices are slowly declining already. I still think the market is being artificially propped up but consumers have tapped all their debt resources. This was about to happen in 2020 but Covid saved the market because it gave the government an excuse for massive bailouts.

but I’ve been saying this for 2 years so…