Will housing ever be affordable again?

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Yall better go join the military.

I live in a new housing community, homes 400k. Just opened last year in August. Every house (around 70-90) is sold and/or occupied, and they're building more. Sold signs in front yards within weeks.

All or say 95% of the owners are military or veterans. That VA loan is a cheat sheet :blessed: .

Thing is, depending on the state you're stationed/retire/separate in... that's still not doing you any favors. Especially in Hawaii and Southern California.

But places like the Phoenix and Vegas suburbs :blessed:

But for all the shyt you see on this board about blacks joining the military and why you shouldn't, they overlook that a lot of the post WW blacks who bought homes in many cities and made the black communities they wish would come back did so because of the VA.

But because of how we view housing, your neighborhood is guaranteed to have a solid portion of them homes being rented out, or as a easy opportunity for a short-term rental....which only exacerbates the problem.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah you're right, i don't think housing will get better when I really think about it.

It does not excuse these ridiculous prices at all. But if it does, all you can do is prepare yourself you know.

I'm not denying that we have it way harder and things and things are getting worst. I'm not saying "pull up your bootstraps" because life's already not fair, and usually ppl who say that were born with leg up.
I’m just saying, I wish citizens actually could stand together on issues

Housing is one of them issues

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Rents are high and rents can go up yearly.

We know how this is going to play out in the end. People will be stuck in their low interest homes upside down on their mortgages. Not an issue if you can afford it and plan on living in the house long term.
When you rent thats all you really pay. When you buy a home your monthly payment is the floor not the ceiling. You make the case that rent can go up. Property tax and insurance can go up. If the furnace or air go out and you rent it's a phone call to the landlord. Own a home and that's a hit to your bank account. Need a new roof. That's on you.

There's a legitimate argument to be made that you will always need more money to buy and own a home than you will to rent.

I have an interest in buying a home just like I had in buying a brand new car. In both cases I believe it to be a poor decision the difference being I refuse to buy a home in market conditions that means I have to rush into it and bid up the price against other buyers. If I can't take my time and buy at a reasonable price then I guess I never will own one.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fine or just powerless?
A combination of both. If people truly, and I mean truly came together change could occur but societal distractions lead to infighting so you end up with pockets of people trying to make moves, and those individuals or groups of individuals are largely powerless.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
When you rent thats all you really pay. When you buy a home your monthly payment is the floor not the ceiling. You make the case that rent can go up. Property tax and insurance can go up. If the furnace or air go out and you rent it's a phone call to the landlord. Own a home and that's a hit to your bank account. Need a new roof. That's on you.

There's a legitimate argument to be made that you will always need more money to buy and own a home than you will to rent.

I have an interest in buying a home just like I had in buying a brand new car. In both cases I believe it to be a poor decision the difference being I refuse to buy a home in market conditions that means I have to rush into it and bid up the price against other buyers. If I can't take my time and buy at a reasonable price then I guess I never will own one.

Renting would be ok if yo to could guarantee you had a decent landlord. But a lot of landlords suck. They want maximum rent and do the bare minimum. I prefer being my own landlord.

HVAC and Roof replacement is expensive but that's what home inspections are for. Need to factor that into your cost.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I’ll never understand how a basic human right became an “investment” to be bought and sold.

Like go find the cure for cancer or something. Think of an ingenious way to easy gridlock. Innovate. But na it’s just a big game of musical cheers and you hope there’s a seat for you when the music stops. Nasty work.
This all probably started with ARMs, they created loans explicitly to ensure you move out in a few years. So high turnover, high volume. Then mortgage-backed securities came along and Wall Street could trade tranches of mortgages easily.

Then corporations got into single family real estate post-GFC.

I’ve seen some analysts saying there’s not really a housing shortage. It’s just investors sitting on property trying to drive up prices. In my Zillow searches that’s exactly what I see in KC. Houses empty for months to years with prices that never drop.

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
The cure for high prices is high prices

Might need to reach a critical point..

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It’s kinda crazy how most shyt is “let’s manipulate shyt to the point where we only ahead”
My YouTube algorithm has turned into a flood of housing videos and it’s crazy how we have basically forced ourselves into no choice.

The types of apartments and housing we now refuse to build is basically causing a lot this.

This videos is what started me on seeing how builders have basically cornered the system

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
This is the shyt they need to be focused on.......foreign and corportae interests that are devastating to the so caked American dream..........

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
Move to states like SC where they are building houses left and right in all price ranges. It's the only way to get in early cause these house prices up north is nuts. I left NJ not going to pay 15k in property taxes fukk that.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Move to states like SC where they are building houses left and right in all price ranges. It's the only way to get in early cause these house prices up north is nuts. I left NJ not going to pay 15k in property taxes fukk that.
I had a repair guy here he said that the dude in KC who shot some cops did it because they revalued his house 3X as much and he couldnt afford property taxes anymore.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
I had a repair guy here he said that the dude in KC who shot some cops did it because they revalued his house 3X as much and he couldnt afford property taxes anymore.

Taxes up north is ridiculous. Only reasonable place for taxes up there is PA. Taxes are only going to get higher just image what it will be at by the time you retire. Cost of living pay adjustment at your job not gona cover the real percentage of inflation. Might as well take my retirement and social security and live in Cancun .

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The national median household income is $74,580
The median household income for home buyers jumped to $107,000

That's a $32,420 difference. The median income in United States of America was $34,429

That means the median family needs almost a whole additional income from a person to buy a median home.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Corporations are buying single family homes and turning every room in the house except kitchen, dining and bathrooms into rentals

Population in America has jumped from 225 million to 350 million in my lifetime

These people need to live somewhere

Supply and demand says these prices never go down unless the population goes down
This can easily be solved in a decade. The federal government can build masses of apt buildings for the working class. This will put Americans to work and put billions into hands of those needed good work. The Soviet Union did this.

If the govt decided to compete with greedy developers and establish a new “market rent” value in these markets where it’s artificially inflated the housing crisis would end.