Will housing ever be affordable again?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I doubt it, before I had my child I would’ve been fine buying a 2-3 bed condo but now I want the grass and whatnot. Def don’t want to raise him in Texas but not reading great things about Maryland

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I doubt it, before I had my child I would’ve been fine buying a 2-3 bed condo but now I want the grass and whatnot. Def don’t want to raise him in Texas but not reading great things about Maryland
Philly or Vegas my dream spits

BuT Philly seem crazy

Or houston cuz of asses

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
Yall better go join the military.

I live in a new housing community, homes 400k. Just opened last year in August. Every house (around 70-90) is sold and/or occupied, and they're building more. Sold signs in front yards within weeks.

All or say 95% of the owners are military or veterans. That VA loan is a cheat sheet :blessed: .
USDA is a cheat sheet if you are middle class as well. You just have to be willing to move outside major cities. Plenty of new builds going up in these small towns not to far from major cities.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Philly or Vegas my dream spits

BuT Philly seem crazy

Or houston cuz of asses
I’ve only been a handful of times but Philly proper always gives me the impression of going from “nice” to “oh shyt let me gtfo here” really quick.

Vegas I have extended family out there but desert is a hell no

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Threads full of doom and gloom lol.

You can buy, it's just not how we all think it's gonna happen. Yesterday's world is yesterday, and today is today. Gotta adapt, or get left behind tbh.

I know guys who get frustrated about how expensive life, which is okay. But idk where they get this idea that they life wasn't going to be hard especially when they didn't pick up a trade, go to school or grind out at a job for minute.

The Situation depends, like where I'm from you have to leave the city and move to some bumfukk town. The good news about that is they're developing areas pretty quickly.
Your post sounds cool but that’s not an excuse for ridiculous ass prices

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The average home in the US is 6x the median family income.

Considering you should have a 6 month emergency fund, a 20% down payment, and 5% of the home price in closing cost most first time home buyers can’t save all that up. They go in paying way less than 20% down and take on PMI with high monthly payments to get into a home with little emergency funds and hope things work out.
20% down payment isn’t relevant anymore.

You can go as low as 3.5%.

Just buy a house in your price range.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I’ll never understand how a basic human right became an “investment” to be bought and sold.

Like go find the cure for cancer or something. Think of an ingenious way to easy gridlock. Innovate. But na it’s just a big game of musical cheers and you hope there’s a seat for you when the music stops. Nasty work.
It’s kinda crazy how most shyt is “let’s manipulate shyt to the point where we only ahead”

So much progress could be made but it’s only about dollars and cents, like think about the main reasoning why ai has been getting billions in funding

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I mean mortgage rates are 7% and the prices of houses are still fairly high. Whenever those rates come down the house prices will just continue to climb higher. If rates ever got back to 5% people would lose their damn minds bidding up the price of houses. Outside an economic meltdown I think we're here to stay on housing prices the average person can't afford.

No.

Daps
Corporations are buying single family homes and turning every room in the house except kitchen, dining and bathrooms into rentals

Population in America has jumped from 225 million to 350 million in my lifetime

These people need to live somewhere

Supply and demand says these prices never go down unless the population goes down
At the bolded part - A mix of Land Value Tax (LVT) and Capital Gains Tax (CGT) could put a dent in that type of activity.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Depopulate the earth brehs. Let the market free fall like in Japan. Funny thing is it'd happening regardless of if it is planned. Gen z now no longer wants conventional lives. Settling down and retiring and 65 all that. They barely can get out from under their parents. Not rushing to have kids.

No the house prices are not coming down without a crash. Break the fukking system. Let that shyt implode.

High living cost, resource scarcity? Make less humans. Have more resources. This era of civilization has peaked and we either correct it or get corrected. There's too many of us here... Harsh reality.

I see a population decline that will be conscious and subconscious that will plummet the market. Then eventually as resources become accessible again there will be boom in births and home purchases again. Maybe for your kids kids kids.
It’s not about population, it’s about how certain folks choose to use and hoard resources

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Bruh...all this doom and gloom talk is silly.

I don't disagree with you just the notion that you can't ppl can't buy homes. They're unwilling to buy what's out there, unwilling to settlez unwilling to relocate, etc. but there are homes that anyone can afford on the market.
Relocation isn’t cheap and isn’t really possible for the lower middle class and below. Middle to upper middle class workers, relocation can mean pay cuts and/or moving to less dynamic job markets, which defeats the point of moving. Finally, for young families forced to relocate away from their community of family and friends, their costs ain’t getting any better when you add on needing things like childcare or babysitters when you could’ve just used granny.

Its not going to change.

A big part of this is that more people are also remaining single for much longer (or never get married at all).

This society was not setup for single people. People who can successfully maintain a relationship will do much better financially
told folks they better start looking into buying property with siblings or friends if they’re anti marriage/long term partner

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s kinda crazy how most shyt is “let’s manipulate shyt to the point where we only ahead”

So much progress could be made but it’s only about dollars and cents, like think about the main reasoning why ai has been getting billions in funding
Nasty work

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Your post sounds cool but that’s not an excuse for ridiculous ass prices
Yeah you're right, i don't think housing will get better when I really think about it.

It does not excuse these ridiculous prices at all. But if it does, all you can do is prepare yourself you know.

I'm not denying that we have it way harder and things and things are getting worst. I'm not saying "pull up your bootstraps" because life's already not fair, and usually ppl who say that were born with leg up.