Will God of War Ragnarok's Combat Feel Underwhelming If I Go Straight Into It After Playing DMC5?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
so I've been obsessively playing DMC5 ever since I got in sale back in September, getting S ranks in everything and mastering the deep combat :whew:

do you think it will be rough transitioning from DMC combat straight to God of War combat? :patrice:

don't get me wrong I loved GoW combat system back in 2018, but do you think the the lack of speed, air combat and general options compared to DMC5 make me think less of GoW Ragnarok's combat on first impressions? :ld:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
so I've been obsessively playing Mario Kart 8 ever since I got in sale back in September, getting S ranks in everything and mastering the deep racing :whew:

do you think it will be rough transitioning from Mario Kart straight to Gran Turismo 7 racing? :patrice:

don't get me wrong I loved Gran Turismo Sport’s racing system back in 2017, but do you think the the lack of flying, turtle shells, and general fukkery compared to Mario Kart 8 make me think less of GT7’s racing on first impressions? :ld:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
calling GoW 2018 a Souls-lite seems too reductive since (mechanically speaking) it's much deeper and more combo heavy than any Souls game
Naw, don’t know where you got that from.

Big difference is GOW doesn’t have a stamina meter, so yeah you can throw more “combos” but DS combat is definitely deeper, more challenging, and more varied.

I was referring to the “black, slash, dodge” flow to the combat. GOW is very similar to DS in that aspect.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Nikka if anything its the other way around

Them Japanese anime ass action games have zero weight to them.

Even Dark Souls/Elden Ring feel light with the combat and killing. I fukks with ER but Sekiro remains my favorite FS game to date and I feel like that is a better comparison to the combat in GOW18, both of those games have insane combos and no stamina. The sword play and executions in Sekiro have WEIGHT to them too, you feel it when you kill a dude in that game. Hardcore DMC fan but 5 has nowhere near the weight and satisfaction of GOW'18. Monster Hunter World did a better job at that

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Even Dark Souls/Elden Ring feel light with the combat and killing. I fukks with ER but Sekiro remains my favorite FS game to date and I feel like that is a better comparison to the combat in GOW18, both of those games have insane combos and no stamina. The sword play and executions in Sekiro have WEIGHT to them too, you feel it when you kill a dude in that game. Hardcore DMC fan but 5 has nowhere near the weight and satisfaction of GOW'18. Monster Hunter World did a better job at that
I was with most of this( I like Souls/ER better but i can understand an respect your opinion)

But you lost me with Monster hunter. Out of all the games mentioned that game seems to have the least weight and satisfaction. Feels you aren’t even hitting anything and there isn’t much significance to the moves you chose to do. You are just chasing after the monster spamming combos.