Why's the BBC always making anti-US docs?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I watch the BBC a lot and I've noticed a trend. They make documentaries about the US all the time. Smack in Suburbia, Louie Theroux with Scientology, Gang violence, etc.

The BBC shyts on America's problems all the time. Why? What's their agenda? :jbhmm:

As an American, I kinda find this offensive.

Doesn't the U.K. have the same problems? Why are they so fascinated with the US? It's like they're trying to make the US look bad. fukk that shyt...

shadowking

All Star
Daps
I watch the BBC a lot and I've noticed a trend. They make documentaries about the US all the time. Smack in Suburbia, Louie Theroux with Scientology, Gang violence, etc.

The BBC shyts on America's problems all the time. Why? What's their agenda? :jbhmm:

As an American, I kinda find this offensive.

Doesn't the U.K. have the same problems? Why are they so fascinated with the US? It's like they're trying to make the US look bad. fukk that shyt...

Are the documentaries reflective of reality or not should be your focus and not your feelings

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Are the documentaries reflective of reality or not should be your focus and not your feelings
It's reality, but it seems like anti-us propaganda. Doesn't the U.K. have drug problems, gang problems, etc? Why is the U.K. exploring the problems of the US, when they have the same problems in the U.K?

I don't see American channels shytting on U.K. problems.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
It's reality, but it seems like anti-us propaganda. Doesn't the U.K. have drug problems, gang problems, etc? Why is the U.K. exploring the problems of the US, when they have the same problems in the U.K?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Because what mainstream american media company is gonna give a full blown unsanitized reflection of itself for the world to see... :manny: White people tend to use the mainstream media for propaganda painting themselves in the best light as possible, but when your on the outside looking in, you see the glaring flaws in this country it;s not hard to see it.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Think it's mainly because the US is the UK's big homie..there's interest there...the other way around, not so much

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
I don't know about BBC specifically but I know Channel 4 shows the underbelly of British society

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

If reality is offensive, tough shyt...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If reality is offensive, tough shyt...
I don't think you're getting my point. It's not reality that is offensive. It's the storyteller (the BBC) that is offensive. It's okay for an in-group to criticize that in-group (The US in this case), but when an out-group (The BBC or whoever...) does it, it turns into something else.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Because what mainstream american media company is gonna give a full blown unsanitized reflection of itself for the world to see... :manny: White people tend to use the mainstream media for propaganda painting themselves in the best light as possible, but when your on the outside looking in, you see the glaring flaws in this country it;s not hard to see it.
Co-sign. I enjoy the international media putting the U.S. on blast ESPECIALLY when it comes to race.