Why wasn't there ever a sequel to The Italian Job?

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
That movie was crack. In an era that has turned so many movies into series, I'm surprised all we got was one of these. It actually made owning a Mini-Cooper look less than laughable

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
That movie was crack. In an era that has turned so many movies into series, I'm surprised all we got was one of these. It actually made owning a Mini-Cooper look less than laughable

There wasn't a sequel to the original. Guess they didn't have a blueprint to make one :yeshrug:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There wasn't a sequel to the original. Creating a sequel now would mean Hollywood would need to be creative and create something "new". They ain't got time for that:francis:

Daps

:whoa: less laughable, sure, but not less than laughable. It's still very much so laughable.:ufdup:

Agreed with the thread tho, I thought for sure they'd do a sequel and I would check for it. First one was dope, indeed

Flex Kavana

Banned
Daps
There wasn't a sequel to the original. Creating a sequel now would mean Hollywood would need to be creative and create something "new". They ain't got time for that:francis:

You sure about that :mjlol: They'll make prequels just to squeeze dollars.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The movie made enough money the sequel just got lost in the shuffle when the studio changed leadership.

They were trying to get the movie made as late as 2015. The entire cast was down to return as well as F Gary Gray. Still couldn’t get it over the hump