Why the System Needs Luvvie, Obama and Issa Rae to Go Mainstream

L0Qutus

All Star
Daps
This was a good discussion. I already subscribed to Yvette's channel and just subscribed to Tonetalk's channel.

KingSlime

All Star
Daps
Tonight's episode of her show on the same topic was extremely powerful and 100% right if not a little hard to hear as a descendant of black immigrants. But I feel more African Americans need to be more privy to the 3-Dimensional chess white supremacists are willing to do to use Africans in the diaspora as pawns to further their agenda and maneuver for it accordingly, before there's even less cohesion between the black community. Skin folk ain't your kinfolk brehs

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Tonight's episode of her show on the same topic was extremely powerful and 100% right if not a little hard to hear as a descendant of black immigrants. But I feel more African Americans need to be more privy to the 3-Dimensional chess white supremacists are willing to do to use Africans in the diaspora as pawns to further their agenda and maneuver for it accordingly, before there's even less cohesion between the black community. Skin folk ain't your kinfolk brehs

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
I understand where they're coming from, even agree on some of the points, but some of this shyt comes off as being mad over who white folks favor more.:scust:

Plus I really don't get the beef with Issa considering her mom is AA and she grew up most her life in LA. There's other legit things they can criticize her on, but the fact they keep emphasing her Senegalese side as if the AA side doesn't exist seems a lil disingenuous. One minute
she's wrong for supposedly trying to be something she's not. The next minute she's wrong for not showing enough of the struggle side of LA even though she ain't grow up like that. shyt seem a lil fishy if you ask me.:patrice:

Daps
What show?
:feedme: