Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
You're only as good as the people you talk to for no reason

~50 cent

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
You have to leave the losers behind because we cant do the same things, have the same concerns, or have the same outlook on life. You should associate with those whom you have things in common. Even if it means having no friends, its better to have none then an army of losers holding you back. Attitudes are infectious, so if you surround yourself with negative people they will infect you with their loser energy.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I feel where the author of that article is coming from, and it definitely rings true in your professional career. But it leaves you kind of hollow. Look at someone like Jay-Z...who happens to be my favorite rapper, but look at the company he keeps now, the success he's had, and the type of music he makes now. Its extra pretenious and overindulgent, and really watered down.

Me personally i have different circles of friends, and as George Costanza would say, "Those world's will never collide." I've got professional friends and i've got cats i grew up with or worked some struggle gigs with...it makes you a well rounded person. I like to say im the most proper cat around a bunch of hood nikkaz, and the most street savvy around a bunch of professionals. I can build your resume something great or take you to go get some kush. I tend to feel a little out of place when i spend too much time around one group however...and thats when i go spend some time in that other circle...but thats the tradeoff im willing to accept

I may never be a billionaire, but i make decent money and for the most part i live and will live an interesting life.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
If them nikkas were true friends they would want to get on the grind with you. Anyone that don't drive you for success is not a friend. "ol back in the day ass nikkas" Memories don't put money in my pockets and food on my table.