Why It’s No Longer Too Late For Rappers in Their 30s

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yeah but some of them started younger but didn't blow up til they got well into their 30s.

Some of them started younger but simmered down when they got close to their 30s.

And some of them started younger but tragedy happened.

I can't name a rapper that started doing music in their 30s :yeshrug:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I can't name a rapper that started doing music in their 30s :yeshrug:

I don’t know if anyone should start then. LOL!!

Being dope and building your skillset takes time. So if you're just starting in your 30's, you might not be nice until you're damn near 40. And by then, the music business might not be what you want to deal with, as a beginner.

I met KA when he was in his early 20's, and saw how dedicated he was back then to his music. He wouldn't become critically-acclaimed until he was in his 40's and releasing projects indie. He'll be 50 soon! But he's way more successful now, than he was when he was younger. WSG is almost 40, and he's easily at his most popular today. So it varies by the artist. Age-ism is something that's kinda dumb. You only see it in Hip Hop. Jay Electronica is like 44-45, and just now starting to release actual albums. But he's way doper than most of the 20 year old's doing it. So I'm going to fukk with his music more. I say follow the talent, not the age.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
guile a trump supporter fuk him

its m. bison (balrog) or deejay or blanka all day

every rapper out right now with pull is 30+
Did the rappers you’re referring to start at 30?

The hottest rappers, the ones that have the youths ear are not 30

we can count on 2 hands the amount of rappers that have broke into the mainstream at 26+ years old

you have to make music that 13-22 year olds are feeling and a 30 year old can’t do that

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
Did the rappers you’re referring to start at 30?

The hottest rappers, the ones that have the youths ear are not 30

we can count on 2 hands the amount of rappers that have broke into the mainstream at 26+ years old

you have to make music that 13-22 year olds are feeling and a 30 year old can’t do that

Most rappers who pop off in their late 20s/early 30s are almost always the most successful in the game

Hov, Em, 50, Chainz,Gotti, Gucci, Ross, Future etc.

They have the maturity in order to maximize their momentum and moment and flip it into longevity and long term cash.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Most rappers who pop off in their late 20s/early 30s are almost always the most successful in the game

Hov, Em, 50, Chainz,Gotti, Gucci, Ross, Future etc.

They have the maturity in order to maximize their momentum and moment and flip it into longevity and long term cash.
I think there’s truth to this

but these rappers are actually rare and that was my point.

You can add dababy to this list as well

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I'm sure there were several people who wanted to be a rock star in their 30s and started playing music at that time. I don't know why someone can't start rapping in their 30s.

If they want to be a successful, mainstream rapper, they might be out of luck, but just doing it for the art? Wanting some nice side money, building a respectable fan base? It could happen.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Go home and be a family man
I don't see why anyone cares either way. :mindblown:

Music is art. There ain't a timeline for art. In fact every age in life is the ideal age for expressing certain thought and feelings. We're able to get perspectives from older emcees that we wouldn't have been able to get from them at 18. And we get perspectives from young cats that we'd never be able to get from even the best old vets at this point.

People can be a family man AND be an artist. It's the streaming era breh. Phonte and Big Pooh recorded the last Little Brother album in Phone's house. Both those guys are family men.

Right now you can go record an EP in 3 days and get it up on a streaming platform by the end of next week if you wanted to.

If people don't wanna listen they don't have to. Let's let everyone live out there.

Caring about the age of artists is the dumbest fukking thing I've ever heard of. :what: