Why Is The Truth About Black History Labeled As "Afrocentrism"?

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Its really a sly move to try and align it with eurocentricism, which is nothing but a by product of lies,distortion and revisionists history caked in white supremacy that didn't exist.

Black superiority and achievements that "eurocentrism" has erased for centuries did indeed exist and happen.

There is no "ism" with the awakening to the truth and real history of African people worldwide, there is nothing "centered" about the ideal of bringing the truth that actually has proof to back up its claims, while cacs spit nothing but known and exposed revisionist and stolen history.

Such as Egypt was not Black. This was fought and created by eurocentric methology which sought to keep the narrative of black people being "spear chuckers" or "swinging from trees" while white people were creating these "great civilizations" and advanced the world, when it was the direct opposite, add to the fact that europeans didn't even know what a toilet or soap was and pissed and shytted in streets, until we brought them the ide of baths and toilet systems,along with the idea of soap.

It was so called "Afrocentrism" which exposed the world to this truth as well as many others. Nothing racist or any lies about unlike the opposite.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I thought I wouldn't be feeling where you were going with this... but I guess I see your point.

I think one of my first threads on the coli was , why be afrocentric ? Years ago.

Just like we mainly hype up Egypt because cavepeople with no historical accomplishments have tried to claim it.

CriticalThought

All Star
Daps
It's a racial dogwhistle plain and simple. It enables them to be dismissive and place it in the "other column" as though it doesn't belong with the rest.

Same thing is done with authors ,actors, music, movies and etc. Throw the "Black" in front and white people will know what time it is without even saying another word.

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Honestly this whole conversation is outdated. Societies like the Great Zimbabwe which had advance trading and architecture pre-1600s have been acknowledge as being built by native Africans for the last 40 or so years by all historians who are well-versed in the history of ancient Africa. So this idea that the history of ancient Africa's advance civilization(for it's time) isn't accepted or discard as "Afrocentrism" is just false and have been for decades. And tbh, both the terms Afrocentrism/Eurocentrism means nothing today too, because of the internet. Anybody can just do a google search and get the facts about ancient societies from all over the world.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Because weve allowed all manner of cac to speak on African history..now were stuck listening to their fallacies and lies on us, and nodding along in agreement.
I dont give a fukk what a cac thinks of my history anymore..I dont care to prescribe names to asian, eskimo or russian history so I dont get their obsession with our shyt.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
It's actually funny because aside from Egypt, much of "afrocentrism" has little to do with Africa and concerns itself with claiming histories and achievements that have nothing to do with Africa. I think that's why some would liken it to eurocentrism.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
The reason. ..

Is that crakker attempted to narrrow the view and classify it on their own terms. ... when it first was becoming a trend

Then black people went with the terms because most of the conscious people and those with african centered thought. ... we're limited in their view

They didn't realize the planet belonged to the original man.

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
It's actually funny because aside from Egypt, much of "afrocentrism" has little to do with Africa and concerns itself with claiming histories and achievements that have nothing to do with Africa. I think that's why some would liken it to eurocentrism.

Thank you

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Because history is offered to us from a Jewuro-centric perspective with the Bible forming the basis of the narrative they want you to accept that as truth. When you discover they are simply offering you a narrative to shape your (and our collective) paradigm, you'll laugh at whitey and his lies, and their book. You''ll also come to realize they use author-ity to control the narrative, and the power in author-ity is the ability to label\define "things" and getting people to accept those labels\definitions.

They do so to dissuade people from examining the facts for themselves. If they're offering Jewurocentric history, what would be wrong in offering afrocentric history, or sinocentric. Nothing, but in order to exploit peoples and nations, they need you to believe in their propaganda offered to you in a narrative as history.

Last edited:

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Because a lot of it is based on trying to prove some point of black being superior human beings and whites being unintelligent boneheads that stole everything from other cultures.

If you believe that, then fine, but it's definitely an Afrocentric view.

I am of the school of thought that all cultures had significant contributions and that whites flexed military power to subdue the other cultures. It doesn't mean they were dumb and uncivilized and incapable of innovation, but there were empires throughout the world that had acheived much but their history was destroyed or hidden.

If folks want to stay on that black >>> white tip, good for them. Not my scene.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
Because a lot of it is based on trying to prove some point of black being superior human beings and whites being unintelligent boneheads that stole everything from other cultures.

If you believe that, then fine, but it's definitely an Afrocentric view.

I am of the school of thought that all cultures had significant contributions and that whites flexed military power to subdue the other cultures. It doesn't mean they were dumb and uncivilized and incapable of innovation, but there were empires throughout the world that had acheived much but their history was destroyed or hidden.

If folks want to stay on that black >>> white tip, good for them. Not my scene.

What white empires haven't been built on genocide, land theft and enslavement schemes?
:skip: