Why is Nintendo continuing the terrible trend of announcing games with nothing to show?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
In recent years a lot of publishers and systems have been shamed from just announcing games with no date, gameplay or trailers

Yet here comes Nintendo announcing a new paper Mario with no other info

we already have Metroid, Bayonetta 3

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In recent years a lot of publishers and systems have been shamed from just announcing games with no date, gameplay or trailers

Yet here comes Nintendo announcing a new paper Mario with no other info

we already have Metroid, Bayonetta 3

Yeah wtf happened to Bayonetta 3 and Metroid? It's been years. Square/Sony was trashed for this yet a blind I given to Nintendon't.

Because Sony blatantly does this, now you're acting like two wrongs happen so Sony is now right or not as guilty? :stopitslime:

Metroid is going through the same changes bayo 3 is.

Remember, Nintendo goes to E3 and usually shows off and acts a fool, then they do their own directs nd usually have some legit reveals. PlayStation skips E3 all together :yeshrug:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Platinum Games confirmed this year that Bayonetta 3 is running on a new engine, so it's taking longer to develop.

Metroid Prime 4 got restarted last year and given to Retro, who I am quite sure are all chilling at home, so it's unlikely we'll hear ANYTHING from them this year.

Remember, Nintendo goes to E3 and usually shows off and acts a fool, then they do their own directs nd usually have some legit reveals. PlayStation skips E3 all together :yeshrug:

Don’t announce games until you have something to show

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You gotta specify cuz that other company from Japan will have cgi out the brown eye :francis:

Do we already have a thread where companies show chi footage or peviews of games, then finally the games come out and it's like :mjlol: or :stopitslime:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Nintendo hasn’t announced a new Paper Mario. Why lie?

Bayonetta 3 is being developed by Platinum Games, so I don’t know what you listed that for, and Metroid Prime 4 was a circumstantial announcement that recently was given to and restarted by Retro Studios.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Yeah wtf happened to Bayonetta 3 and Metroid? It's been years. Square/Sony was trashed for this yet a blind I given to Nintendon't.

Bayo 3 is on Platinum, and Prime 4 was being developed by Bandai which should have been ready to go by 2019 but Nintnedo restarted. I'm certain there was a public vid from Nintendo themselves that said they weren't satisfied with the game and scrapped it. If you announce something with the idea the team will have it done the next year, and then the team showed you absolute unsatisfactory trash, I'm gonna assume you ain't releasing that shyt.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
:gucci: Nintendo post GC in general has been the company who announces shyt then drops it relatively close to the announced date.

Bayo's on platinum, and Prime was like close to completion but wasn't up to snuff

Paper Marip is a fukknig rumor, as is the Galaxy/64/Sunshine collection.