Why is media nowadays so preachy and political?

Kabnis

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why I'm watching anime. Japanese ish isn't influenced by politics like american stuff is. Both conservatives and overly-PC liberals are at fault for turning shows into their own soapbox. Same phenomenon is found in comics; creators and companies seem to be killing off characters or doing something political just so CNN or Newsweek will give them extra coverage (which equals extra sales). I miss the days of DBZ where it was just good vs. evil.

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
The elites want more control now than they did before. Probably because more people are living today than ever. I started to see the change in media around 1998.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
:wtf:
media has always been preachy or political in one form or another. You do realize those shows are written by people who have some agenda they are trying reach?

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didnt have a mirror by my side, but Im pretty sure I made the :what: face when the flash's mom questioned and cosigned whether or not he was possibly gay in that new JL movie.
shyt came out of nowhere too and you could see the motives behind it a mile away

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
It's not a new thing, especially in comics. They always took up movie of the week issues or political issues.

The runners of most things see a platform that they have to get an idea across and as long as they have your attention, they might as well make use of it.

dallastexas

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because all media is owned by someobdy that wants you to be brainwashed to their side

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:what:

Has OP not seen Code Geass?

Everything that has ever been televised or broadcasted has an agenda. That's the whole point.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That's why I'm watching anime. Japanese ish isn't influenced by politics like american stuff is. Both conservatives and overly-PC liberals are at fault for turning shows into their own soapbox. Same phenomenon is found in comics; creators and companies seem to be killing off characters or doing something political just so CNN or Newsweek will give them extra coverage (which equals extra sales). I miss the days of DBZ where it was just good vs. evil.
The world is changing, friend. People are using their culture to install specific values into a people to move them in a specific direction.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it is a little less preachy compared previous decades. It is getting a more politically correct

killacal

Banned
Daps
I didnt have a mirror by my side, but Im pretty sure I made the :what: face when the flash's mom questioned and cosigned whether or not he was possibly gay in that new JL movie.
shyt came out of nowhere too and you could see the motives behind it a mile away
Same here and how she casually accepted him being gay without letting him get a word in like he just changed his haircut