Why is it so hard to find a job now?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Aerospace is poppin. One of my coworkers got on with Space-X out of Cali. Space-X in Brownsville is building up. B-Ville has the lowest cost of living in the country. You have to know Spanish though.
:francis:
Otherwise your co-workers will be hating and talking s—t. I’ve lived in B-ville for a year so I know. Pinche negros.
:russ:
Defense contracting is always there but half the time you need a clearance. I work for L3 now.
I got to do more searching but I’ve been looking at Bp and Boeing jobs, I do need to look the defense jobs up, I just want to do some cool shyt really

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I’m lowkey trying to switch jobs, maybe aerospace or chips or renewables or something like that

I’m not sure what to make of the job market for certain industries
Aerospace is poppin. One of my coworkers got on with Space-X out of Cali. Space-X in Brownsville is building up. B-Ville has the lowest cost of living in the country. You have to know Spanish though.
Otherwise your co-workers will be hating and talking s—t. I’ve lived in B-ville for a year so I know. Pinche negros.
Defense contracting is always there but half the time you need a clearance. I work for L3 now.
I got to do more searching but I’ve been looking at Bp and Boeing jobs, I do need to look the defense jobs up, I just want to do some cool shyt really
The oil wars are about to start. Texas, SD and Canada will probably start ramping up production next year due to the BRICS.

It’s hard work but pays nice. A lot of the times to be a roughneck you need your CDL and HAZ cert. my brother had to get those even though he wasn’t a driver nor used it. 10 on 5 off lifestyle is good lifestyle for the single and young. That oil bread is nice. 84 hours a week and some get paid for the full 24 hours depending on the company.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps

The oil wars are about to start. Texas, SD and Canada will probably start ramping up production next year due to the BRICS.

It’s hard work but pays nice. A lot of the times to be a roughneck you need your CDL and HAZ cert. my brother had to get those even though he wasn’t a driver nor used it. 10 on 5 off lifestyle is good lifestyle for the single and young. That oil bread is nice. 84 hours a week and some get paid for the full 24 hours depending on the company.
I’m an engineer so I wouldn’t necessarily be doing the super duper hard labor work, even though it’s a lot of blue collar aspects about engineering

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I’m an engineer so I wouldn’t necessarily be doing the super duper hard labor work, even though it’s a lot of blue collar aspects about engineering
You are straight. The world is yours once you pick a lane. Just got to find the lane with the most stability.

Space is the future with China, India, Russia trying to pass us.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
You are straight. The world is yours once you pick a lane. Just got to find the lane with the most stability.

Space is the future with China, India, Russia trying to pass us.
That’s probably why I figure I should switch and see what aerospace is like, cause I’m not 100 percent sure what route to go

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
One phrase.....DATA ANALYTICS.
This is the future brehs, especially in non-tech industries like Healthcare, Law, and Trucking etc.
Do yourself a favor and learn SQL today.

You can go onto McDonald's site and probably find a data analytics or business analyst position open

Few tips for applying

1. Have multiple versions of your resume.
  • When you look at a lot of job descriptions, start paying attention to what they are asking for and look for patterns. Add those to your resume(s).
  • Maybe you actually only have 3 years experience. Well one job may ask for 6 with Microsoft Suite proficiency, so one resume you add that
  • Other jobs may only ask for 2 years experience with Google Suite proficiency. So on another version you add that.
  • Recruiters don't care about your actual qualifications. They really care if they line up with the job posting.
2. This may take extra work, but when you find a job on indeed/Zip/Monster, go to the employers website and see if they have it posted. Majority of job postings on 3rd party sites are either already filled/old or don't exist. Double check with the actual employer site.

3. DO NOT filter your job search by any criteria other than location. This will shrink your pool significantly! You'd be surprised that a lot of companies just don't advertise remote work and salary. Also you'd be surprised what you can negotiate if they like you enough. Posting could say a location, but when you interview they say that they are transitioning to remote. Actually had that happen to me before.
  • Don't search for remote jobs
  • Don't search by salary

4. Get your resume professionally done. Best investment I have ever made. Most people's resume look like shyt. In my last job I would actually sometimes be apart of the new hire process and a lot of resumes that made it to our team looked like absolute dog shyt. The ones that looked really good stuck out and got calls even by just skimming through it.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Yeah, I had a shyt ton of Indian recruiters hit me up for crappy jobs. I had maybe 2 serious interviews. The job I got, I don’t even remember applying for
Indeed and Monster will have mafukkas who barely speak English run yo resume through a shytty system, hit off 1 word then you contacted for jobs not even close to your search.

Last edited: