Why is it so hard to find a job now?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
1. You don’t apply through indeed etc you find out the company name on Indeed and then apply directly on the company website or email the listed company recruiter on the website DIRECTLY :snoop:

2. Make sure your resume is EMBELLISHED. Stop saying what you’ve done and start saying what you can do pertaining to the Job description even if you haven’t done it as long as you can learn it. You will hit the keywords that the software they use is looking to detect.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Only job I ever got from any if these websites was Fresh Market from Career builder, I'm almost certain that website gave my computer a virus.

They a racist company out of north Carolina, long story short, I hated them, they hated me, we had a work hate relationship for four years until I finally left them.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
platforms introduce large numbers of people so unless you go corporate-corporate, mid level professional job hunting is a numbers game.

:hubie:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
How do you get security clearance?
There are positions where the company will sponsor your clearance. Which means they pay all the $ that the DOD requires to gwt you investigated, interviewed, etc.
I got mine through the Army tho.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
It took me a solid month to find a job. I stopped playing around and got serious about my job search. But I had a big ass gap in my resume. Now that I’ve been at my job for a year, I’m finna start looking for something better.
I tried to do non traditional ways of searching for a job but I found either lack of opportunities or ppl taking me for a joke. I had to go back to well worn ways. I'm sure, if I was white, I wouldn't have had to fight so hard.

I still remember to this day this interviewer being heart attack serious at every step. Then she handed me a check that would not cash.

No Maam.

They tried to call me later on that serious tip still, and I hung the phone up in they face.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the company I worked for got furloughed in late July and basically let go of everyone. I’ve been applying to jobs nonstop on indeed, LinkedIn, ziprecuiter etc bro I’m not hearing shyt back from these applications. No emails, no phone calls nothing. I wake up everyday and submit 20 applications sometimes 40 a day. I even lied saying I was white when asking about race and still didn’t hear anything. Is anyone else struggling to find work rn?
All I can say is lie more on your resume shyt is real out here hope you find something FAST

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I’m lowkey trying to switch jobs, maybe aerospace or chips or renewables or something like that

I’m not sure what to make of the job market for certain industries
Aerospace is poppin. One of my coworkers got on with Space-X out of Cali. Space-X in Brownsville is building up. B-Ville has the lowest cost of living in the country. You have to know Spanish though.
:francis:
Otherwise your co-workers will be hating and talking s—t. I’ve lived in B-ville for a year so I know. Pinche negros.
:russ:
Defense contracting is always there but half the time you need a clearance. I work for L3 now.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe this worth a damn :dead:

4-5 pages minimum to list experience and work history...fukk is you applying for? :heh:
Yeah that shyt should be two pages max for most people. MAYBE three pages if you're applying for a high level position and have decades of experience.

Dudes sending out term papers and wondering why they get no response :mjlol:

2023 and I still haven't seen everything on this website :wow:
Really not that hard a concept to grasp.

If you have the STEM degree, the experience, and the certs, you easily have enough for a 4-5 page resume.

Don't tell on yourselves on the coli now. :mjpls: