Why is it so hard to find a job now?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Buzz words are the key, cut back on the long winded descriptions, bullet points>>>, one to two pages, five year experience, nothing going back before the five years, volunteer gigs is a plus to big up the resume, and don't come off as desperate.

-former resume creator

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I.E., I remember several years ago, my resume couldn't be more than a page long.
Currently, you're resume has to be at least 2 pages and must not include an address. (Name, e-mail, phone and zip code only)
Also, no fancy font or borders. Use keywords that job caches pull.
Yeah I fell into that trap for years.

Trying to have colorful designs and borders, trying to use tiny fonts and narrow margins to cram everything into a single page.

Now resumes are 4-5 pages minimum, with no fancy borders or designs. Just straight bullet points.

Daps
Reppin
LosSkanless
I'm in IT and ish is bad, especially in a big city. I will tailor my res to try to get better responses but I see the long play here...

along with AI, tech jobs will get swallowed up by AI and them damn Indians. I'm working at a place, was hired by a recruiter and they said temp to perm....its only like 80k a year so I'm like ok cool. Indian guy is the manager, 1st few weeks he's praising my work, then he flips 180....I start noticing all the upper mgmt at the job are INDIAN.....most techs are domestically working here, but I see them bringing in more overseas workers, or having them do the remote work......
I see the forest from the trees, and Im getting out of tech asap.......

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
How y'all grown and getting bullied at work?
Because the bullies in high school didn't disappear, they just turned into police officers in walmart managers.

Favoritism is shown towards certain employees at every job. And department are kept at war with each other. When someone gets "kicked" at work, they definitely looking to "kick" someone else. Yadayadayada.

And there is nothing you can do about it, the reaction is what they want, so that they can str8 up fire you or use whatever you did against you. If you don't volunteer to be someone's slave, they will damn sure as hell try to make you one.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Trying to have colorful designs and borders, trying to use tiny fonts and narrow margins to cram everything into a single page.

Now resumes are 4-5 pages minimum, with no fancy borders or designs. Just straight bullet points.
Every single recruiter and hiring manager I've heard speak says your shyt going into the trash if it's more than 1 page. They're looking for keywords and even use software that does. Definitely aren't skimming through 100 resumes a day that are written like an autobiography. Purpose of your resume is to get to the fukking point of your relevant experience to the job you're applying for.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

Yup. It's essentially a report sheet. Hold off on the references and put "References upon request".

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Health care is booming right now, tech on the other hand brehs are skruggling. 1200 applications for one role.

Then it’s student recruitment season as well.

I work for a very large health care organization, and while we aren't letting anyone go, there aren't hella jobs available unless you're a clinical staff working in the actual hospital.

I work corporate remote, and I was looking to see if there was anything for me, and I didn't see much in my field.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Healthcare in general always going to be looking for people regardless of what A.I does.

Additionally, like others have pointed out - keywords and traditional resumes to bypass filters and make sure the resume can be read by the A.I's.

Something a lot of people aren't mentioning - keep skilling up. The more you cover, the more you'll stand out. It's got more competitive, so you got to level up. Level up while you're job searching and cleaning up the resume, there's no reason you can't do both.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I keep getting hit up about the most random ass shyt thats not even in Houston :snoop:

Positive Poster

All Star
Daps
There has been numerous articles on this. I can’t remember the exact math but studies show that is each job had 10 applicants before, it is now 200.

Everyone is looking for a new job in the current climate to get more money

So you have more competition but also people don’t have time to go through all those resumes so either don’t or use AI to shortlist based on captain key words.

The companies who sell this technology also charge people to update their resumes with the same buzz words and phrases they look for by job.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Over 80% of the jobs posted on Indeed, Monster, etc. been filled, never was really available.

The wild shyt is if you have a security clearance and have certain specialized experience--You don't even have to search for jobs. Just post your resume on Clearancejobs.com and Dice.com and they will blow you up forever!
I didn’t know this. I’m not looking but…
:jbhmm:
I just finished 25B (information technology) school this year. I need that security+ asap.