Why is it so hard to find a job now?

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
20 applications a day?

camron-killaseason.gif

Work smarter not harder. Just hit up some recruiters and email them your resume with your salary requirements and let them look for you. nikkas be hustling backwards than a mothafukka
Recruiters give you contract or temp to hire jobs meaning no pto whatsoever.

OP, job searching sites have ticks and keyword phrases which directs your resume directly to HR. Also, resume layouts are updated annually so you have to follow the trend to the most current.

I.E., I remember several years ago, my resume couldn't be more than a page long.
Currently, you're resume has to be at least 2 pages and must not include an address. (Name, e-mail, phone and zip code only)
Also, no fancy font or borders. Use keywords that job caches pull.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
As many have stated, Recession incoming so the point, click, and get an instant job offer ala 2020 is done.

Employees have lost leverage and the trick is to tailor your resume to match their description.

When I shotgunned my resume, I got nothing. Added keywords and I was cooking...

A recruiter put me on game and I was doing well ever since...

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Over 80% of the jobs posted on Indeed, Monster, etc. been filled, never was really available.

The wild shyt is if you have a security clearance and have certain specialized experience--You don't even have to search for jobs. Just post your resume on Clearancejobs.com and Dice.com and they will blow you up forever!
Most recruiters are horrific. They send you leads to jobs that are readily advertised (and Dice is the worse of the worse; text you and ask for your salary requirements then never reply back)

It's a combination of things (type of resume, niche tech skill/experience, market fluctuation). I've been applying for a year+ even before I was let go (applying while employed) and very few bites. On some, I missed the mark on presentations but for many others, either the position was removed/frozen or no type of feedback.

Most applications today have that 'No-reply' message.

Looks like publications are catching up tot he fact here

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
Took me 2 months but got something with a okay-ish pay rise, I'd usually get something quicker so can't imagine brehs that have a tough time getting interviews.

So many redundancies got people competing for jobs on LinkedIn that have 100 applications 1 hour after its up.

shyt is crazy.

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
The rumor is that more companies now are using Artificial Intelligence to filter out resumes. If that's true and your resume doesn't fit a certain profile that the AI is looking for, it's possible your resume isn't even making it to the desk of the hiring manager.

Just a thought. I don't know how prevalent this sort of thing is.
This is a fact and it's prevalent.

There are apps and services to test your resumes for this though.

Those fancy canva resumes look good but can't be read by programs, just doing a normal boring MS word one is better

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Most recruiters are horrific. They send you leads to jobs that are readily advertised (and Dice is the worse of the worse; text you and ask for your salary requirements then never reply back)

It's a combination of things (type of resume, niche tech skill/experience, market fluctuation). I've been applying for a year+ even before I was let go (applying while employed) and very few bites. On some, I missed the mark on presentations but for many others, either the position was removed/frozen or no type of feedback.

Most applications today have that 'No-reply' message.

Looks like publications are catching up tot he fact here
That’s why nobody feels bad for any of these recruiters suffering from the massive layoffs

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Over 80% of the jobs posted on Indeed, Monster, etc. been filled, never was really available.

The wild shyt is if you have a security clearance and have certain specialized experience--You don't even have to search for jobs. Just post your resume on Clearancejobs.com and Dice.com and they will blow you up forever!

How do you get security clearance?

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Every it job around here that pays anything getting hella applications a day. I'd put in an app it's be like 10 submitted come back on a day or 2 to see 100 ppl applied.

Yet they claim people don't want to work