Why is it so hard to find a job now?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Yea I don’t think anyone would’ve predicted these tech companies just have these mass layoffs after covid. Then see other industries follow suit too.

I’m gonna everything I can to get my own business going after this gig.

Everyone predicted it. Most of them have never made a profit.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
20 applications a day?

camron-killaseason.gif

Work smarter not harder. Just hit up some recruiters and email them your resume with your salary requirements and let them look for you. nikkas be hustling backwards than a mothafukka

Man fukk recruiters :pacspit: . Those who can't do...recruit

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
My corp, has a hiring freeze roght now.

I work in finance for major corp, my company is prepping for a possible recession early 2024, so therefore they aren't really hiring.

My guess is alot of other companies are doing the same right now.

Plus, unfortunately alot of cities are just overcrowded now due to...i hate to say it, but immigrants and just ppl moving in mass to certain areas

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Yea I don’t think anyone would’ve predicted these tech companies just have these mass layoffs after covid. Then see other industries follow suit too.

I’m gonna everything I can to get my own business going after this gig.

What do you mean?

Tech companies needed ppl to wfh during covid, so they hired and over hired. Now that that's not needed anymore, it's easily predictable

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
Pretty sure I mentioned this before but I was in CVS and an employee told me that CVS was capping about the "now hiring" sign outside. Either the company doesn't hire anyone that applies or they underemploy them keeping them at part-time only. Now I know you probably aiming higher than CVS OP but that same game CVS running, other types of companies may be running it too. Pretty sure a lot of these companies are trying to automate as much as possible, with AI, self-checkout, etc. . Crazy times ahead.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I put out a few applications just to test the it market here. Definitely not trying to switch now but was just interested since im taking the google cybersecurity course Only got one maybe two hits out of around 20-30 apps (I only did the one click apply jobs).

Not gonna lie it is kind of a downer to be studying and taking courses but see how shytty the market is for the field. I’m gonna keep learning but im grateful and blessed to be in a field that isn’t really hurting, private company open 70
Something years.. near the top of the totem.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Everyone predicted it. Most of them have never made a profit.

Alphabet, Google, Microsoft, and Amazon never made profits breh. :wtf:

My company started turning a profit last year after 20 years in business and they started layoffs people right after FAANG companies did it. They gave the impression we are tooling up for more growth.

What do you mean?

Tech companies needed ppl to wfh during covid, so they hired and over hired. Now that that's not needed anymore, it's easily predictable

Yea they needed people and even after covid they still had a lot of work for these people. I’m hearing from multiple MBA classmates most of the layoffs weren’t redundancy related and there was still work.

These are companies where shareholders are trying to get the maximum out of their shares after seeing those covid returns.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
My corp, has a hiring freeze roght now.

I work in finance for major corp, my company is prepping for a possible recession early 2024, so therefore they aren't really hiring.

My guess is alot of other companies are doing the same right now.

Plus, unfortunately alot of cities are just overcrowded now due to...i hate to say it, but immigrants and just ppl moving in mass to certain areas
Same with my corp

The real struggle is OT not being available

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
So the company I worked for got furloughed in late July and basically let go of everyone. I’ve been applying to jobs nonstop on indeed, LinkedIn, ziprecuiter etc bro I’m not hearing shyt back from these applications. No emails, no phone calls nothing. I wake up everyday and submit 20 applications sometimes 40 a day. I even lied saying I was white when asking about race and still didn’t hear anything. Is anyone else struggling to find work rn?
Because applying is easier and one job might have 1,000 applicants