Why is it so hard to find a job now?

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Yea I don’t think anyone would’ve predicted these tech companies just have these mass layoffs after covid. Then see other industries follow suit too.

I’m gonna everything I can to get my own business going after this gig.
Until then,how much you looking to make?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Start showing up to these places in person. Dumb sounding I know but that human factor is something people discount. It seems like companies see most of these applications as a stack of papers and straight up ignore them.

I'm independent contracting right now off of connections tho so don't listen to me, but that's how I did it with my last employee gig. I'm convinced these folks don't even check their indeed hits, they just field the calls from recruiters

R.B.J1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
20 applications a day?

camron-killaseason.gif

Work smarter not harder. Just hit up some recruiters and email them your resume with your salary requirements and let them look for you. nikkas be hustling backwards than a mothafukka
Where is this gif from?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They’ve been using it. If your resume isn’t formatted a certain way, saved in the correct format and if you don’t have the right keywords, resumes instantly get trashed.

Your resume can also get thrown out simply for your zip code being too far away. Location matters.

A lot of companies aren't interested in paying for relocation or flying anyone out so they screen for people within a certain radius.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Over 80% of the jobs posted on Indeed, Monster, etc. been filled, never was really available.

The wild shyt is if you have a security clearance and have certain specialized experienced--You don't even have to search for jobs. Just post your resume on Clearancejobs.com and Dice.com and they will blow you up forever!
My only two replies have been with Clearance jobs. I might need to try dice.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
So the company I worked for got furloughed in late July and basically let go of everyone. I’ve been applying to jobs nonstop on indeed, LinkedIn, ziprecuiter etc bro I’m not hearing shyt back from these applications. No emails, no phone calls nothing. I wake up everyday and submit 20 applications sometimes 40 a day. I even lied saying I was white when asking about race and still didn’t hear anything. Is anyone else struggling to find work rn?
Could be worse. I spent 3 years sending out 10 a day to silence. UBS hired then 5 years later I got my current job.

s@n

All Star
Daps
Damn!I work in healthcare...I apply on the website and get a reply and request for interview that night and be in orientation a week later.

But My girl has degrees n shyt but SHE is struggling....
this is factual. My hospital group has something like 600+ openings across literally every single area, and every hospital group around here is like that. One med group is straight up doing free surgical tech tuition because they need bodies so bad.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simple, it’s very competitive right now. Everyone has a degree now, everyone wants $100k plus, there’s no shortage of people when it comes to these high paying jobs now. My job pays $120k no degree needed but you do need experience. We had an opening last month and 230 people applied on USA jobs for that one position when in 2019 we couldn’t get 5 people to apply. It’s crazy out here right now

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
It is probably your field of expertise or job, there are thousands of job openings and average wages are up, according to the numbers the vast majority of folks who want to work and are seeking one , see it and get hire, just continue your searching, you will see a suitable offer