Why is it so hard to find a job now?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Most definitely.

Writing/creative content and computers are my passion so to say.

Culinary I just happen to be good at. Passionate about it but not for work exactly. Not in a be the cook type of way.

I wanna be behind the scenes, having input on/oversee the process. Making sure we producing the best product if that makes sense.
if you want copywriting, web content creation type work, you need to learn about marketing funnels, make a spec portfolio of content for different parts of the funnel and learn how to use GA4. that might get you your first job when this job market improves. right now, you will be cooked, though. too much remote stuff with 1000 applicants.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Not sure what state you’re in but if you in a major city you can make bread being central sterile tech ….. I currently teach the course but you can self study

shyt always hiring …. You willl never ever be out of job

I was looking into an online school back in 2017, what books do you recommend ?? I have been kinda tired of IT :francis:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
moved to the DMV area at the beginning of the year. Took a while to get a call back had a few interviews. Took a maintenance technician position just to pay the bill. Within a week took another interview for. Field service technician position. More pay better benefits. I got my offer sheet today. Will sign and send it back holding on to that maintenance technician job until my background check and drug test comes back good.

For Coli fam looking for jobs it’s a lot out there just apply. Be patient and stay positive pray on it. It seems like once you start working other jobs just start calling.
Where in the DMV did you move if you don;t mind me asking?

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
if you want copywriting, web content creation type work, you need to learn about marketing funnels, make a spec portfolio of content for different parts of the funnel and learn how to use GA4. that might get you your first job when this job market improves. right now, you will be cooked, though. too much remote stuff with 1000 applicants.
Thank you bruh. Job I have now is labor but I get to vend so that’s cool. Still got the dream alive not getting comfortable with this even though it’s cool job/cool money right now.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@africngiant
According to the video I was referring to, even being that quiet cordial dude, etc... will get you fired these days. That's what the EEO is supposed to prevent.

I was that quiet dude, etc... But I was accused of being anti-social. And these senior brothers kept telling me these White people didn't like me, and they were gonna destroy my career if I couldn't make them like me, etc..., but they never told me why they didn't like me.

So after years of hearing this, and knowing I wasn't the only Black person working in Corporate America going through this, I asked this one senior brother, "Just what is this big thing that we're all suppose to be doing?". He couldn't even answer the question, but instead got upset.

And like I said, everybody knows by now that if you go to EEO for help, the organization is gonna retaliate.
Takes me back. I worked at a spot almost 10 years ago that was giving me easy money to do medical billing for cardiac devices. I came, I listened to talk radio all day, and generally minded my business except with my direct people. There were hundreds of folks in that place at any given time.

I was supposed to be evaluated for 90 days and it turned into 140+ or so of me working before they decided not to pick me up fulltime. I find out much later that not only was there a few people in the office gossiping about me (found this out from coworkers later) but my lack of talking to folks turned into no one wanting to keep me on because they felt like they didn't know me. Again, my direct reports and superiors I talked to all the time, but it was my first foray into office culture and that constant quiet shyt gets you canned. I was never trained properly and basically got ok by month 4 just through repetition and was never given an evaluation or any real guidance. It literally came down to someone vouching for me, or better yet, not thinking me weird and distant for minding my business and doing the work. Unfortunately, the biggest skill to nail is schmoozing if you are in the white collar space, especially when you are one of few black folks in the building.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Takes me back. I worked at a spot almost 10 years ago that was giving me easy money to do medical billing for cardiac devices. I came, I listened to talk radio all day, and generally minded my business except with my direct people. There were hundreds of folks in that place at any given time.

I was supposed to be evaluated for 90 days and it turned into 140+ or so of me working before they decided not to pick me up fulltime. I find out much later that not only was there a few people in the office gossiping about me (found this out from coworkers later) but my lack of talking to folks turned into no one wanting to keep me on because they felt like they didn't know me. Again, my direct reports and superiors I talked to all the time, but it was my first foray into office culture and that constant quiet shyt gets you canned. I was never trained properly and basically got ok by month 4 just through repetition and was never given an evaluation or any real guidance. It literally came down to someone vouching for me, or better yet, not thinking me weird and distant for minding my business and doing the work. Unfortunately, the biggest skill to nail is schmoozing if you are in the white collar space, especially when you are one of few black folks in the building.
If you can try to get a skill that is difficult to find. That way u wouldn’t have to put on a clown show to be liked. It’s really not fair to you at all. You can start schmoozing and still get hated on for always socializing.

I pray for the day black men can put their own bosses on a PIP. Have a meeting with a disrespectful person and lay out for him the options he has in front of him. Hey man, listen. I don’t need this. I can walk out right now if you can’t control yourself and act civilized. It’s up to you. And if he dares you, you walk out.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They expect you to be some talkative extrovert with Tony Stark skill :mjlol:

The employer version of "Tupac in a Business shyt" aka impossible to find.

No, you don't have to be a talkative extrovert. This has nothing to do with being an introvert or an extrovert.

-But you at least need a solid understanding of the organization as a whole, business verticals within the organization, and engaged with stakeholders....just to deliver quality work.
-Job security, and growth

There are levels to this, depending on your company, role, and level. If you're earning a measly $150k per year (80% cash, 20% equity), your employer expects you to be engaged.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks