Why is it so hard to find a job now?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The rumor is that more companies now are using Artificial Intelligence to filter out resumes. If that's true and your resume doesn't fit a certain profile that the AI is looking for, it's possible your resume isn't even making it to the desk of the hiring manager.

Just a thought. I don't know how prevalent this sort of thing is.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So the company I worked for got furloughed in late July and basically let go of everyone. I’ve been applying to jobs nonstop on indeed, LinkedIn, ziprecuiter etc bro I’m not hearing shyt back from these applications. No emails, no phone calls nothing. I wake up everyday and submit 20 applications sometimes 40 a day. I even lied saying I was white when asking about race and still didn’t hear anything. Is anyone else struggling to find work rn?
What kind of work do you do?

I'd be glad to look over your resume. Copy/paste in a PM, change stuff to protect your identity and I'll comment.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The rumor is that more companies now are using Artificial Intelligence to filter out resumes. If that's true and your resume doesn't fit a certain profile that the AI is looking for, it's possible your resume isn't even making it to the desk of the hiring manager.

Just a thought. I don't know how prevalent this sort of thing is.

They’ve been using it. If your resume isn’t formatted a certain way, saved in the correct format and if you don’t have the right keywords, resumes instantly get trashed.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Over 80% of the jobs posted on Indeed, Monster, etc. been filled, never was really available.

The wild shyt is if you have a security clearance and have certain specialized experience--You don't even have to search for jobs. Just post your resume on Clearancejobs.com and Dice.com and they will blow you up forever!

Last edited:

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
So the company I worked for got furloughed in late July and basically let go of everyone. I’ve been applying to jobs nonstop on indeed, LinkedIn, ziprecuiter etc bro I’m not hearing shyt back from these applications. No emails, no phone calls nothing. I wake up everyday and submit 20 applications sometimes 40 a day. I even lied saying I was white when asking about race and still didn’t hear anything. Is anyone else struggling to find work rn?
Get a professional to review your resume. The bolded sent me to a early grave :deadrose:

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

Do a job that involves traveling, or weekend work, or irregular schedules

That always has lesser number of applicants and lower experience requirements