Why is it so hard to find a job now?

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
@africngiant
According to the video I was referring to, even being that quiet cordial dude, etc..., will get you fired these days. That's what the EEO is supposed to prevent.

I was that quiet dude, etc... But I was accused of being anti-social. And these senior brothers kept telling me these White people didn't like me, and they were gonna destroy my career if I couldn't make them like me, etc..., but they never told me why they didn't like me.

So after years of hearing this, and knowing I wasn't the only Black person working in Corporate America going through this, I asked this one senior brother, "Just what is this big thing that we're all suppose to be doing?". He couldn't even answer the question, but instead got upset.

And like I said, everybody knows by now that if you go to EEO for help, the organization is gonna retaliate.

Last edited:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@africngiant
According to the video I was referring to, even being that quiet dude will get you fired these days. That's what the EEO is supposed to prevent.

I was that quiet dude, etc...But I was accused of beinanti-social l etc... And these senior brothers kept telling me that these White people didn't like me, and they were gonna destroy my career if I couldn't make them like me, etc..., but they never told me why they didn't like me. So after years of hearing this, and knowing I wasn't the only Black person working in Corporate America going through this, I asked this one senior brother, "Just what is this big thing that we're all suppose to be doing?". He couldn't even answer the question, but instead got upset.

And like I said. everybody knows if you go to the EEO for help, the organization is gonna retaliate.

Getting the EEO to assist in going against your employer without the counsel of an employment attorney sounds dumb.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't call anybody dumb, especially if they didn't have thousands of dollars to hire a good one.

If there isn't a smoking gun or obvious evidence the company violated, in this job market:
-Companies are not going to settle
-To fine-comb evidence to create a well-written complaint/case with the EEOC, the average person will need a lot of help

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
moved to the DMV area at the beginning of the year. Took a while to get a call back had a few interviews. Took a maintenance technician position just to pay the bill. Within a week took another interview for. Field service technician position. More pay better benefits. I got my offer sheet today. Will sign and send it back holding on to that maintenance technician job until my background check and drug test comes back good.

For Coli fam looking for jobs it’s a lot out there just apply. Be patient and stay positive pray on it. It seems like once you start working other jobs just start calling.

africngiant

All Star
Daps
@africngiant
According to the video I was referring to, even being that quiet cordial dude, etc... will get you fired these days. That's what the EEO is supposed to prevent.

I was that quiet dude, etc... But I was accused of being anti-social. And these senior brothers kept telling me these White people didn't like me, and they were gonna destroy my career if I couldn't make them like me, etc..., but they never told me why they didn't like me.

So after years of hearing this, and knowing I wasn't the only Black person working in Corporate America going through this, I asked this one senior brother, "Just what is this big thing that we're all suppose to be doing?". He couldn't even answer the question, but instead got upset.

And like I said, everybody knows by now that if you go to EEO for help, the organization is gonna retaliate.
smdh

this is why i stopped gaf. if the end result’s the same either way, i might as well not waste my energy and just do me

africngiant

All Star
Daps
This would not work in tech, finance, consulting, Fortune 100 companies, or customer-facing roles.
that’s most def true. in those roles i would aim for going completely remote where the micromanagement won’t be as fukked

my brother/cousin are in tech completely remote and work in pjs with no camera on just speakers. it removes part of the human element and the prejudiced bs that comes with it

Last edited:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that’s most def true. in those roles i would aim for going completely remote where the micromanagement won’t be as fukked

my brother/cousin’s are in tech completely remote and works in pjs with no camera on just speakers. it removes part of the human element and the prejudiced bs that comes with it

Even while working a remote role in tech there’s not too many roles that allow little or zero interaction.

africngiant

All Star
Daps
Even while working a remote role in tech there’s not too many roles that allow little or zero interaction.
yeah i just want to physically get away from the office politics and this dei bs though fukk that lol. i hate the presence of being in the office having to walk by with the fake convos and the expectations of “professional” conduct in the office. aka don’t be black

Last edited: