Why is it so hard to find a job now?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
i fukking hated doing that for a few jobs

it wasn't pre recoreded but they had a question prompt and wanted a video recording answer. Did like one of those and never heard back, never did another one...shyt is really bullshyt. If they can't vbe bothered to even try to interview you, fukk you and your company
Yeah they on some BS now. One company wanted me to do a 120 question assessment before even interviewing:mjlol:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
I have a job, but im looking for more money. I've gotten about 8 interviews over the span of about 15 months. Putting in maybe 4 applications and resumes ever other week.

I'm at the point to where it's like fuk these companies for playing games and starting my own business
I have my own business. Clothing. Hoodies and shirts. Tryna get it going too gotta get ad campaigns and some shoots done

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Can only speak on the tech side. A lot of employers want experienced people. They do not want to train. Good luck if ur a new grad or new to the industry.

And there in lies the rub. Companies not only don’t want do train, they don’t want to be used as a stepping stone. So why waste resources training people when they can eventually leave.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
For mid level management jobs, those are really industry specific now.

So if you have 5 years management experience at a warehouse, you won’t be considered for a property management position and vice versa. And most companies like to promote from within anyway.

If you so manage to get hired, you might have to deal with jealousy and people trying to sabotage you.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
They created this climate though. I don’t give a shyt.

Another reason is these companies are also understaffed. They simply don’t have dedicated trainers, and the people who they asked to train aren’t qualified. Greed and unorganization.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tech sales, DevOps, and SRE roles expect 4+ round interviews.

I had three rounds of interviews, a technical exercise and presentation for a sales engineer role at Cisco and got ghosted.

Another target company I had a discussion with the recruiter, manager, two interviews with two team members, and a few days ago a presentation. shyt is wild.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another reason is these companies are also understaffed. They simply don’t have dedicated trainers, and the people who they asked to train aren’t qualified. Greed and unorganization.

They don’t value Peoria jobs that don’t dietecrky contribute to the bottom line. It’s sad because a lot of these companies are not run by people with actual experience running profitable companies. Either a someone with a business background that knows jack all about tech or a tech guy who has no soft skills and not business background.

Greed is 100%. Disorganized as fukk chasing the next wave. Reminds me of my company.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Hey y’all I did find a job, it’s security. It’s not much but it pays the bills. Thanks for all the support+ comments and good luck to the brehs still looking for work. Keep your head up man, don’t give up a job will be coming soon right around the corner.
Congrats breh