Why is it so hard to find a job now?

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Seen an article stating there is a drastic shortage of aircraft mechanic. My buddy works for United making $60 an hour and said he gets unlimited overtime. He makes drastically more then his wife who has a PH.D in Occupational therapy

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seen an article stating there is a drastic shortage of aircraft mechanic. My buddy works for United making $60 an hour and said he gets unlimited overtime. He makes drastically more then his wife who has a PH.D in Occupational therapy
Best kept secret
Some of these blue collar jobs pay way more than the white collar jobs.
It's just not "sexy" being a aircraft mechanic compared to a software engineer

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

I wish I learned trade when I was younger breh. It could’ve been a great hobby/side hustle.

My old man is a heavy wheel/industrial mechanic and after working on cars with him getting cursed out while holding up drive shafts, I said I’d never go into the trade shyt.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I'm in the military. I get out in a few months

Bruh you selling yourself short. You mentioned IT these tech companies want you there have a fukk ton of veteran programs looking for people like you.

Don’t know what you did in the military but defense, consulting & SaaS are good options especially if you have security clearance.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh you selling yourself short. You mentioned IT these tech companies want you there have a fukk ton of veteran programs looking for people like you.
I hooked up with a veteran program that said they could hook me up an internship, but you have to have at least CompTia A+.

That goes to show how stacked getting an entry level position is nowadays.

A few years ago you could just walk off the street and get an entry level position

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I hooked up with a veteran program that said they could hook me up an internship, but you have to have at least CompTia A+.

That goes to show how stacked getting an entry level position is nowadays.

A few years ago you could just walk off the street and get an entry level position

True, it’s hella competitive. You got a undergrad degree?