Why is it so hard to find a job now?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Yeah, looks like the f the establishment era that happened with covid is over, ppl got bills to pay. Now everybody holds on to they job and "tolerates" the bullying, myself included.
Exactly what people with any sense said would happen

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Only job I ever got from any if these websites was Fresh Market from Career builder, I'm almost certain that website gave my computer a virus.

They a racist company out of north Carolina, long story short, I hated them, they hated me, we had a work hate relationship for four years until I finally left them.
This website probably did that :comeon:

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Now we're seeing the backlash from The Great Resignation/Quiet Quitting wave.

Even fed hiring about to grind to a halt with the impending shutdown. If you a contractor, you better be ready for that fukkery. :francis:
Anyone who been through poverty was looking at these nikkas side ways bragging about this shyt lol

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I'm equipped with a special set of skills from my USMC days and ain't been out of work since 1 month after I was out of the Corps. Resumes I submitted wayyy back in 04 are still getting viewed and I still have the same phone number so I get calls for job offers weekly especially since Covid hit.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
One phrase.....DATA ANALYTICS.
This is the future brehs, especially in non-tech industries like Healthcare, Law, and Trucking etc.
Do yourself a favor and learn SQL today.

You can go onto McDonald's site and probably find a data analytics or business analyst position open

Few tips for applying

1. Have multiple versions of your resume.
  • When you look at a lot of job descriptions, start paying attention to what they are asking for and look for patterns. Add those to your resume(s).
  • Maybe you actually only have 3 years experience. Well one job may ask for 6 with Microsoft Suite proficiency, so one resume you add that
  • Other jobs may only ask for 2 years experience with Google Suite proficiency. So on another version you add that.
  • Recruiters don't care about your actual qualifications. They really care if they line up with the job posting.
2. This may take extra work, but when you find a job on indeed/Zip/Monster, go to the employers website and see if they have it posted. Majority of job postings on 3rd party sites are either already filled/old or don't exist. Double check with the actual employer site.

3. DO NOT filter your job search by any criteria other than location. This will shrink your pool significantly! You'd be surprised that a lot of companies just don't advertise remote work and salary. Also you'd be surprised what you can negotiate if they like you enough. Posting could say a location, but when you interview they say that they are transitioning to remote. Actually had that happen to me before.
  • Don't search for remote jobs
  • Don't search by salary

4. Get your resume professionally done. Best investment I have ever made. Most people's resume look like shyt. In my last job I would actually sometimes be apart of the new hire process and a lot of resumes that made it to our team looked like absolute dog shyt. The ones that looked really good stuck out and got calls even by just skimming through it.
You brought back memories with SQL. After taking COBOL, PASCAL, C++ back in the day, SQL was Kindergarten level language to me. Didn't know they were still using SQL. Almost got me wanting to come out of retirement, if the money right., and if somebody don't try to push my old a** down the stairs on my first day.

Last edited:
Daps
The rumor is that more companies now are using Artificial Intelligence to filter out resumes. If that's true and your resume doesn't fit a certain profile that the AI is looking for, it's possible your resume isn't even making it to the desk of the hiring manager.

Just a thought. I don't know how prevalent this sort of thing is.
that tuition gonna have to comedown quick

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
You are straight. you pick a lane. Just got to find the lane with the most The world is yours once stability.

Space is the future with China, India, Russia trying to pass us.
This is key. I chose my lane, stayed in it, and everything else just fell together. They don't teach this kinda wisdom anymore :yeshrug:

Striving For Greatness

Get Certs or Die Tryin
Daps
20 applications a day?

camron-killaseason.gif

Work smarter not harder. Just hit up some recruiters and email them your resume with your salary requirements and let them look for you. nikkas be hustling backwards than a mothafukka
Why you gotta hit him over the head with a bottle for trying to get a job :dead:

s@n

All Star
Daps
You brought back memories with SQL. After taking COBOL, PASCAL, C++ back in the day, SQL was Kindergarten level language to me. Didn't know they were still using SQL. Almost got me wanting to come out of retirement, if the money right., and if somebody don't try to push my old a** down the stairs on my first day.
tons of pack and sort operations logistics still use Manhattan, so yeah, a SQL background is still super viable. You'd be surprised at the legacy backends some of these massive companies are still using