Why is Atari making a comeback?

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Further rumors, as of yet unconfirmed by Atari, say that this is not what you’re immediately thinking of, a retro console like the NES Mini or all the ones SEGA is trying to make that just plays a few ultra old-school Atari games. Supposedly this is a modern day piece of hardware made in tandem with a larger partner, one based on “PC technology” according to Chesnais, whatever the means, but past that, it’s unclear what we’re looking at here.

Woah, im intrigued.....

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
There's no way this is a current gen console. Only Google or Apple have the money to pull something like that off and they'd probably fail too.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I'm interested in seeing what they do, but I don't think anything is going to come of it. They've gotten out of bankruptcy and apparently have been doing well with mobile games, but the amount of money you'd have to sink into this... I don't see it happening.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm interested in seeing what they do, but I don't think anything is going to come of it. They've gotten out of bankruptcy and apparently have been doing well with mobile games, but the amount of money you'd have to sink into this... I don't see it happening.
Why won't Neo Geo return?:laugh: when we were kids...Neo Geo could only be bought in the back ads of EGM and it was sold from Japan and would cost $599...ill never, ever forget that price. Nobody had it....no one on my block..at my schools..not the Asian kids..no one. Lol.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Mobile is the future if they are smart they'll focus on software

and making games/experiences for a mobile platform that are both fun, and useful
that could be used in wearables/phones/portable gaming systems etc.

Why not partner (for a limited time) with a team like HTC or some other hardware company that
is struggling for a piece of the pie as a way to test out how they can approach it from different angles

what I believe they SHOULD NOT do.. is try to be like Sony & Microsoft or even Nintendo..

who are stuck in the past making glorified cable boxes.

Last edited: