why is a white rapper making songs these blacks should be making in hip hop?

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
That dude Macklemore is making what most hip hop artist beside Kendrick should be making instead of killing,lean or that other BS

salute to him for this song even tho its called Kevin but every race goes threw this :salute:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
yeah what you questioning my blackness :mjlol: okay sir...hip hop is based off of us,just because your skin is black u still can be a oreo like some on here:yeshrug:

If a black man is an oreo though, that's still way more different than a white man. Because for one thing, an oreo can change in as little as a year. A white man, on the other hand... He's still white. :jbhmm:So I'm sure he's still included

...:manny:As for the thread topic, I'm sure there's plenty around. They're just not being marketed and seen in the same light Macklemore is, obviously. But I know that as a whole, the culture doesn't really have a problem with him, because if we did, he'd be gone already. Look at what happened to Iggy Azalea. :huhldup:

Jack Don the G

What am I? A farmer?
Daps
Call him Caclemore all you want but he's more "pro black" then your average black rapper. :manny:

Hip hop have been missing the "fight the power" spirit for awhile so I cant be mad at people like Mac, Kendrick and Cole for bringing it back.

Im in now way comparing Maclemore with acts like Public Enemy :whoa: All Im saying is mainstream Hop Hop needs to be more then party/drug/bytches singles.

Yes, the foundation of Hip Hop is black but the foundation of Hip Hop is also standing up against social injustice and talking about the ills of society.

Funny how the "new Em" is the complete opposite of Em.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Although OP is probably a troll or whatever. He's right.

All the new music that catches my attention ends up being by some white artist. It's really sad when as blacks we have been forced into a box with our own sound, and we continue to allow it.