Why GM Is Killing The Chevy Camaro After 57 Years

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Not really after 57 years. It got discontinued before in 2002. So actually 14 years.

Still hate to see it go :mjcry:

Was the first car I ever wanted as a kid because of transformers. Had everybody fiending for a car that wasn't even in production yet :russ:

Pure genius marketing :wow:

Want one bad, but now ain't the time

Need to get my master's and other stuff first

But when the times right, I'm copping for sure :whew:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Chevy fukked up on the marketing for the past couple years

Mustang always is gonna sell for being the mustang. And dodge has so many options for people to customize challengers and chargers

Plus, trims like the hellcat and demon have the biggest hype out of anything

Chevy hasn't really given non hard-core fans anything to get hyped about since transformers

Which is a shame because the car and platform itself is a really great one. The 6th gen can really keep up with supercars on a track. It kind of is like the American equivalent of a GTR. Just with RWD

Wish they could've been able to do one last z28 model to really push things even further

Cause this is it. The nameplate will live on, but not as we know it :francis:

Very slim chance of another LS engine going into it

EV SUV's and sedans are all but confirmed

It is what it is :manny:

The fact that the new s650 mustang looks like a camaro though is low key a slap in the face/nail in the coffin :dead:

"If yall tired of certain car makers discontinuing their performance cars. Being all in on electric only fleets. Come to ford :troll: "

Last edited:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
They “canceling” it because it’s a bluff. See you’re talking about it being done right? Propaganda right?

Word or Arnold “I’ll be back”

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Mexicans punching the air, they love them things. So it's only the Corvette left now?

Pretty soon, yep. Sad thing is, dynamically and performance wise, the Camaro is best car from the Big 3 that's affordable and performs and handles the best. It performed better than the Mustang when it was on the F-Body platform too. Chevy REALLY could use an affordable sportscar with decent sightlines; if GM had any sort of sense, they'd make a car slightly bigger than the Miata with a V8; they'd sell like crazy.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Pretty soon, yep. Sad thing is, dynamically and performance wise, the Camaro is best car from the Big 3 that's affordable and performs and handles the best. It performed better than the Mustang when it was on the F-Body platform too. Chevy REALLY could use an affordable sportscar with decent sightlines; if GM had any sort of sense, they'd make a car slightly bigger than the Miata with a V8; they'd sell like crazy.
Next gen nova :wow:

That'd be dope af, but I don't see them putting a V8 in anything ever again

C9 may or may not feature one with sometype of hybrid powertrain, but it's too expensive to continue producing one :sadcam:

But like you said, the camaro was the best performance for the money. And now it's gone :mjcry:

The Mopar hype was just too much for it to compete :snoop:

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Next gen nova :wow:

That'd be dope af, but I don't see them putting a V8 in anything ever again

C9 may or may not feature one with sometype of hybrid powertrain, but it's too expensive to continue producing one :sadcam:

But like you said, the camaro was the best performance for the money. And now it's gone :mjcry:

The Mopar hype was just too much for it to compete :snoop:

The Alpha platform that the CT4, CT5, Camaro ride on could do it; they could make it AWD/RWD and build it on the same line the Camaro, CT5, and CT5 are built on -- the question is, does the upper management want to take a chance? Is there a business case for it?

Edit: with the Japanese bringing back their sports cars, and rumors saying that Honda might be considering development of a new S2000, GM needs something in that space that isn't a Cadillac.

Last edited: