Why don't more games release on friday?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo being ahead of the curve again....

They release there items on friday (use to be sunday or maybe just consoles) Looks like EA is now on that wave and I got to say now that I'm older and can't just play a new release all day in the middle of the week I appreciate it.

It use to not matter to me much, but man they people binge out and spoil everything via Social media or even advance mad fast in a couple days time.... there is nothing like playing on day 1-3 release with everyone.

I hope this becomes the standard

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Because that would mean publishers (and distributors) would have to ship games to retailers much earlier throughout the week.

When games (and Music, DVD's etc...) are released to the public on Tuesday, retailers actually get them the Friday prior.

This allows retailers to ensure they've received the appropriate POP displays and marketing materials prior to launch.

Any game that launches on a weekend has been shipped to retailers much earlier in the week and has been sitting in the back with a "do not sell sticker " on them

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nintendo being ahead of the curve again....

They release there items on friday (use to be sunday or maybe just consoles) Looks like EA is now on that wave and I got to say now that I'm older and can't just play a new release all day in the middle of the week I appreciate it.

It use to not matter to me much, but man they people binge out and spoil everything via Social media or even advance mad fast in a couple days time.... there is nothing like playing on day 1-3 release with everyone.

I hope this becomes the standard
Im pretty sure Friday has been the standard release date for games and music for about 2 years now

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Im pretty sure Friday has been the standard release date for games and music for about 2 years now
I've noticed that.

I remember back in the day, I'd save some money for music release Tuesday.

Fast forward to today, I got Spotify and Friday is the big release date

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Music starting releasing on Friday about a year ago really.

Outside of EA and Nintendo most games still release on Tuesdays.

I can understand certain games that have a heavily online component still releasing on Tuesday. Last thing you want is a game to co e out and be broken the 1st weekend and every is off