Why don't GM's draft based on looks? (Detailed report inside)

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rarely have we seen an NBA superstar or franchise player be categorized as "ugly". Look at the top players in the league(no order) : Kobe, CP3, Rose, Wade, Lebron, Dwight, Durant, Tony Parker, Dirk and Kevin Love.

Out of all those players, Lebron is the exception and I wouldn't even say he's a bad looking guy. Give him a decent hairline and he's an ok looking guy. But you see the trend right? Most of those guys have GQ looks(pause of course). You have guys like Oden and Thabeet who I knew were gonna be busts just off their looks alone.

No surprise, Kenneth Faried was a sleeper. He should have gone top 15 just off his appearance alone.

Westbrook is a special case. He's not ugly nor is he good looking but just off the fact that he has no facial hair, he's not trustworthy and that shows in his lack of playmaking abilities and shot jacking.

Why don't GM's implement that into their scouting?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Anthony Davis is ugly as shyt. How can they make money off that ogre? How you gonna put him in a commercial? :gag:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anthony Davis is ugly as shyt. How can they make money off that ogre? How you gonna put him in a commercial? :gag:

Which is why I get the feeling he'll be a bust. Thomas Robinson will be the best player in the draft.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
if anything, the eyebrows angle makes him more marketable than anything.

that's his signature. he shouldn't even "fix it" now that i think about it.

i'm sure he doesn't mind the ridicule either...probably been dealing with it all his life.

he should fix his busted ass teeth tho, at least.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FreedS[ohh]lave;306614 said:
What about Harrison Barnes? he kinda look like a black Ken Doll no homo

He's another Marvins Williams. Average looks = average talent.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Austin Rivers Star?

Good question. Just off his light skin alone, he's gonna be a shooter. Def a Klay Thompson type player. But since he is lightskin, he has 5-10% chance of ever being more than a 4th option.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I once heard actually that in males attractiveness tends to correlate with athleticism. Has something to do with hormones. Saw it on some show.

It could all be bullshyt, though.