Why doesn’t Microsoft care about game perseveration?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Isn't the BC thing because it uses a software solution to do BC and it's not fully running it at the hardware level only? On the native hardware the game is ran natively.

Them forcing a Microsoft Account for setup the first time isn't ideal but seems easy enough to deal with.

Considering these devices use Game Pass and the Xbox One can cloud stream future games for a level of forward compatibility it doesn't seem likely it's going to lose internet access.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Isn't the BC thing because it uses a software solution to do BC and it's not fully running it at the hardware level only? On the native hardware the game is ran natively.

Them forcing a Microsoft Account for setup the first time isn't ideal but seems easy enough to deal with.

Considering these devices use Game Pass and the Xbox One can cloud stream future games for a level of forward compatibility it doesn't seem likely it's going to lose internet access.

If we’re just surrendering our power to the internet/services then why was this such a big deal in the Gran Turismo thread?

GT7 confirmed as always online (online connection required for "campaign" mode)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If we’re just surrendering our power to the internet/services then why was this such a big deal in the Gran Turismo thread?

GT7 confirmed as always online (online connection required for "campaign" mode)
There's a difference between required online to simply play a game at all and an online single time activation or can't you see that? Which would you rather have single activation and that's it or required internet to even use the game?

I get that you want to both sides this issue to fit a narrative but the two things aren't equal. Both are unfortunate and neither should be the case but they still aren't equal.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There's a difference between required online to simply play a game at all and an online single time activation or can't you see that? Which would you rather have single activation and that's it or required internet to even use the game?

I get that you want to both sides this issue to fit a narrative but the two things aren't equal. Both are unfortunate and neither should be the case but they still aren't equal.

It is equal because at the end of the day you need an internet connection to play both.

The other problem with Microsoft’s push into fully going digital/streaming/cloud is licensing. Once they take a game off the service its gone forever, and once dvd/Blu-ray drives are gone for good thats a big problem

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Because they want to take over the gaming industry for different reasons. They're not doing it for art or the love of gaming. They're doing it for control over a demographic so they can then implement some other form of nonsense in the absence of competition.

They thought that they had the juice to a point where they assume they could put a camera in your living room built into a system that always stayed on

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
They're so phony, I tried watching one of their live events and all the host and speakers are clearly paid actors and don't play video games

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Whats up with this, phil? We should be trying to maintain our robust archive of games. Sadly, This is the service games future, yall.:francis:

I got all my games connected to my Gamertag, sitting at about 700 give or take it :manny:

Now if you think Microsoft is about to go offline and I should be worried?
I mean if it did happen then I would miss everybody :to:

See you on gamepass so you won't be lonely :blessed: