Why Do You Need To Take Days Off?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
From working out but if you.go to the Marines or something you essentially get no days off. Is rest for pussies?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
On a weekly basis, high key there is really no need for days off. Back in NYC I was riding my bike 8 miles a day on top of lifting when it was warm. Right now I am benching 3x/wk and hitting everyting else 2x/wk. I'm in the gym 6x/wk.... hopefully next year I can build a home gym and lift 6-7x/wk. I have read a lot few studies about competitive powerlifters hitting some variation of the big lifts every day. If u are smart about balancing workout and weekly volume u can def train every day....

To a point...

Over a long term basis you do need time off... those same athletes who train 7 days a week will dial it back a bit every couple of weeks. Every competitive powerlifter and most bodybuilders I know do periodic deloads. I did my first deload earlier this year and came back to PRs. Doing another one right now. I do em about every 4 weeks.

Time off is like breaks in music......... music would sound like shyt if u played all the notes at once :sas1:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
From working out but if you.go to the Marines or something you essentially get no days off. Is rest for pussies?

Depends on the goal. The human body can do a lot but the Marines aren't aiming to build muscle or really burn fat. Those methods aren't sustainable. They are effective for their purpose but that doesn't apply to 99.9% of people.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Depends on the goal. The human body can do a lot but the Marines aren't aiming to build muscle or really burn fat. Those methods aren't sustainable. They are effective for their purpose but that doesn't apply to 99.9% of people.
Bruh cats come out of basic lookin like ra a a a a a a a a a a aa. Off no rest running and plyometric excercises

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
On a weekly basis, high key there is really no need for days off. Back in NYC I was riding my bike 8 miles a day on top of lifting when it was warm. Right now I am benching 3x/wk and hitting everyting else 2x/wk. I'm in the gym 6x/wk.... hopefully next year I can build a home gym and lift 6-7x/wk. I have read a lot few studies about competitive powerlifters hitting some variation of the big lifts every day. If u are smart about balancing workout and weekly volume u can def train every day....

To a point...

Over a long term basis you do need time off... those same athletes who train 7 days a week will dial it back a bit every couple of weeks. Every competitive powerlifter and most bodybuilders I know do periodic deloads. I did my first deload earlier this year and came back to PRs. Doing another one right now. I do em about every 4 weeks.

Time off is like breaks in music......... music would sound like shyt if u played all the notes at once :sas1:
nikka I just bought a curl bar 2 45s and 2 25s. I'ma be so buff doing nothing but full military presses from the floor to the ceiling

semtex

:)
Daps
If you want to work out every day then you can, you just have to split it up instead of doing an all out workout every single day. Divide and conquer so to speak.

Daps
I believe you could train every day but I do also believe you shouldn't train MAXED out heavy every day.

Adequate rest and eating properly you could train most days to be honest. If you have the energy for it, why not?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
When you get all types of soft tissue injuries from overuse, dont say they didn't warn you :heh:
Actually, since I started benching 3x/week (instead of 1 or 2) all my nagging elbow and shoulder issues are pretty much gone.......

U do ~10 sets a day and hit everything 3x/week u should be fine. 10 sets is nothing- my big bench day I do 5 working sets of bench and 5 sets of lateral raises for example. No problems.

My new motto is 'dont knock it till you try it if it's been shown to work for somebody'

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
There's this pro body builder who worked out for half the year. Half of the year, he would work out 7 days a week. The other half of the year. No workouts. Doesn't make sense.
Then, there's this powerlifter who lifted once a month. That's it. He had worked his way up in strength, but when he was lifting competitive poundages, he just had one workout a month where he was lifting close to his one-rep max.