Why do yall degrade movies by how much they make?

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Do you degrade people who make less than you? :jbhmm:

Can you/something still be successful without making as much as you/something else?:jbhmm:

isnt profit profit? :jbhmm:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Do you degrade people who make less than you? :jbhmm:

Can you/something still be successful without making as much as you/something else?:jbhmm:

isnt profit profit? :jbhmm:
That is mostly just part of the Comic Book Movie Fan Wars.
For most other movies we usually just discuss the box office as part of whether we think it will get a sequel or to make note that people are sleeping on a movie or not.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I miss my youth when I didn't even go in with genre expectations, I just watched what was on and liked it.

When i make flicks i'm not declaring any genres, you gotta go in there with a clean slate... I don't care if it's a sequel

"what kinda movie is it?"

"nothing, it's a movie, go watch it"

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
That is mostly just part of the Comic Book Movie Fan Wars.
For most other movies we usually just discuss the box office as part of whether we think it will get a sequel or to make note that people are sleeping on a movie or not.
As long as it makes profit a sequel should be made. People do this with album sales also

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I miss my youth when I didn't even go in with genre expectations, I just watched what was on and liked it.

When i make flicks i'm not declaring any genres, you gotta go in there with a clean slate... I don't care if it's a sequel

"what kinda movie is it?"

"nothing, it's a movie, go watch it"
:patrice:

I long as I could remember I always had some sort of expectation for a movie unless I was way too young to understand what genres were but if i knew I was going to see an action movie i would expect action, same goes for horror comedy etc. Never just wanted to see a movie because it was a movie, thats not making sense to me.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
:patrice:

I long as I could remember I always had some sort of expectation for a movie unless I was way too young to understand what genres were but if i knew I was going to see an action movie i would expect action, same goes for horror comedy etc. Never just wanted to see a movie because it was a movie, thats not making sense to me.
i'm not sure if it's an age gap or not. It might be just me. I'm 31.

I was reminiscing about clicking on the TV and watching whatever looked interesting. There was no preconcieved expectations of how the flick should go. Cats hold certain flicks to expectations that they don't others and every movie isn't trying to be "one way", then they say "the movie doesn't know what it wants to be" which is real robotic for someone like me...

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
i'm not sure if it's an age gap or not. It might be just me. I'm 31.

I was reminiscing about clicking on the TV and watching whatever looked interesting. There was no preconcieved expectations of how the flick should go. Cats hold certain flicks to expectations that they don't others and every movie isn't trying to be "one way", then they say "the movie doesn't know what it wants to be" which is real robotic for someone like me...
Yeah I mean that even happens now, hell I'll be on Netflix and see some movie i never heard of and give it a chance. The problem is people overhype all these new films especially the blockbuster/comic book movies and with this damn internet it's hard to escape what's being said about them.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's only for the comic book silly Stan shyt and of course whether it'll get a sequel. And even then we don't have exact numbers on that. Just because a movie makes a little more than it cost doesn't mean it made a profit. We're not including how much they spent to promote the movie and of course the cut the theater gets. It's good to have a little understanding though so you can know why this thing you love, like Dredd, isn't getting a sequel.

Anyway for me I really don't give a shyt. As long as I like/love the movie I'm good