Why do people assume that T'Challa isn't as smart or smarter than Shuri?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like MCU version is more of a diplomat than the scientist/engineer he's known as elsewhere.

He's in a different role. He has other responsibilities and merely doesn't perform the same tasks.

Shuri works in the tech department so that's all she does. If T'Challa had the same responsibilities, he would probably have developed the same tech. :manny:

They imply that he is a scientist in the movie as well.... If you remember, he mentions that he designed some of the stuff(maybe even one of his older suits) in the lab, until Shuri improved upon those designs of course....

Besides, Shuri can have here own spinoff if they wanted it..... it was good to cast his sister as a young female genius

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:whoa: She does

But no need to discredit T'Challa in the process :patrice:
i dont think they discredit him.
like the other poster in here said they did touch on T'Challa does have the brainy skills too just that Shuri was taking the tech and shyt to another level.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
:whoa: She does

But no need to discredit T'Challa in the process :patrice:

i thought the movie already did enough of that.

the only thing the movie really establishes about t'challa is that he's an unrelenting warrior. beyond that everything 'special' about black panther came down to the suit, which he wasn't responsible for... and the added tech, which his sister was responsible for.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I think they have the same intelligence. the scene in the beginning about the upgrade to the magnet bombs shows that. the difference is shuri thinks about always improving the tech while t'challa doesn't or doesn't have time to.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
i thought the movie already did enough of that.

the only thing the movie really establishes about t'challa is that he's an unrelenting warrior. beyond that everything 'special' about black panther came down to the suit, which he wasn't responsible for... and the added tech, which his sister was responsible for.
It's like yall didn't even watch the movie :snoop:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I think they have the same intelligence. the scene in the beginning about the upgrade to the magnet bombs shows that. the difference is shuri thinks about always improving the tech while t'challa doesn't or doesn't have time to.

Exactly. But for some reason a lot of that went over people's heads.

Civil War showed how intelligent He was. They barely scratched the surface.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
It's like yall didn't even watch the movie :snoop:

well i have only seen it once and it was a few weeks ago. forgive me for not immediately downloading a rip and watching it 10 times. i don't have it memorized yet.

to me it felt like his sister was way more than just a sidekick. she was like halfway responsible for his whole swag.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
well i have only seen it once and it was a few weeks ago. forgive me for not immediately downloading a rip and watching it 10 times. i don't have it memorized yet.

to me it felt like his sister was way more than just a sidekick. she was like halfway responsible for his whole swag.
She designed some of his gadgets. That’d be like saying Bond ain’t really shyt without Q.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
She designed some of his gadgets. That’d be like saying Bond ain’t really shyt without Q.

forgive me i'm not much of a bond fan, never really saw any of them from start to finish. don't fully grasp the comparison. i know neg away. :yeshrug:

the gadgets, the enhancement to the suit... she felt to me like she was the brains of the operation. also him having to constantly stay in communication with her while he's out catching bad guys... i dunno i just wasn't feelin her. took away from BP.

for the record it's also a peeve i have with the nolan batman movies, because they made guys like alfred (and especially lucious fox) TOO valuable.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
The more reviews and thoughts I watch on this movie the more I think people really weren't watching it when they say stuff like this.

I saw one reviewer call T'Challa a fukking blacksmith because the suit he made wasn't techie and just a pure vibranium suit :dead: