Why do CAC parents think it’s appropriate for high schoolers to drink alcohol??

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
One of our clients came in the other day and I over heard her talking about how her 15yr old son has his CAC friends over to the basement and they sneak beers and alcohol so they can drink. Her thing was that all the kids do it and the parents feel they rather do it in their homes than out somewhere.

She was totally accepting of the fact her 15 yr old was drinking in the crib.

When I was In highschool it was the CACs that drank. They’d come in school on Monday Talking about how hammered they got at someone’s house or out in the woods.

Me and most of my friends didn’t start drinking till college.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I knew a Black family in high school who let us experiment responsibly in their basement as well.

Bought us alcoholic coolers. Instead of us going outside and doing it out of reach. That's not a white thing... We didn't get hammered and act stupid and tear a whole house down. Most of those type parties have no supervision. The difference

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't know why they do it.

(slightly off topic rant)
But myself personally, i always felt like our zero tolerance approach to "certain" drugs like alcohol just makes it easier for people to become addicts.

Shouldn't treat it like a single sip and you off the bandwagon or doing something wrong. should instead emphasize how to do it responsibly.
Otherwise everybody is just one bad day away (or one good day away) from being a drunk.

Think argument lowkey applies more to recovering alcoholics than kids, but i've been in the camp that, if you can't drink a single toast glass of champagne at your brothers wedding. because you are ''so and so days sober" then you not really under control of your alcoholism. You just a former addict that is one drink away from being a current one.

learn how to Drink responsibly. Anything can be addictive

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Can't really speak to the logic or lack thereof on why they think it's ok, but in European countries, they can legally drink at like 15 or 16 years old.

U.S. politicians would be in serious trouble with certain constitutes if they supported an "underage" drinking bill.

D.A.R.E and other activist groups would eviscerate them.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's a huge part of their culture.

It never fails but I can be scanning the radio and a country song will play and within seconds a lyric referencing alcohol/ getting drunk will get sung.

Every single time.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Just asking cause I have no skin in the game. :hubie: If not at home where can kids learn to drink responsibly? Alcohol causes a lot of freaking people and that's one social issue people don't acknowledge especially among young people.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Alcohol is not taboo in America and most of the non-muslim world OP.

I'm more shocked you never drank until college age :russ:

the world was different when I was coming up. we could buy beers from a corner store no problem in high school. Ports/dutches 2.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm more shocked you never drank until college age :russ:

the world was different when I was coming up. we could buy beers from a corner store no problem in high school. Ports/dutches 2.

I never drank until college :yeshrug: then again I was a nerd in high school :to:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I knew a Black family in high school who let us experiment responsibly in their basement as well.

Bought us alcoholic coolers. Instead of us going outside and doing it out of reach. That's not a white thing... We didn't get hammered and act stupid and tear a whole house down. Most of those type parties have no supervision. The difference
Yeah nah I never heard of black parents doing no type shyt like this for high school kids.

Where did you grow up?

KGlock

All Star
Daps
I'm sipping that Jameson whisky right now, I prolly drink like a few times every few months nowadays but all imma say is even though I dropped my binge drinking alcohol ways in 2017. I understand how mofos adopt an addiction or why there's a drinking culture amongst cacs and folk in the south. Mostly a weed dude purely cause its more "healthy" but that drank the quickest and cheapest way to stop any worry or overwhelming mental issues for a good few hours. :pachaha:

If you got discipline Alcohol is fun to say the absolute least. If you don't got discipline or have an addictive personality then... :francis:

broller

Veteran
Daps
One of our clients came in the other day and I over heard her talking about how her 15yr old son has his CAC friends over to the basement and they sneak beers and alcohol so they can drink. Her thing was that all the kids do it and the parents feel they rather do it in their homes than out somewhere.

She was totally accepting of the fact her 15 yr old was drinking in the crib.

When I was In highschool it was the CACs that drank. They’d come in school on Monday Talking about how hammered they got at someone’s house or out in the woods.

Me and most of my friends didn’t start drinking till college.
I agree. White folk love the "he's gonna do it anyway so I might as well have him do it at home"

Smh. That mindset is the WOAT.